JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and came up dry, but I know it has been discussed before.

Anyway, I took off my spare tire carrier today so I have the holes from that and the bumpstops as well. So my question is what did you use to fill those holes??

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
491 Posts
i put the screws back in the carrier mount holes and just stuck the bumpstops back in also. they dont interfer with anything and you cant see them unless you look behind the tire :beer:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
homedepot rubber stopper plugs. in the misc bolt drawers. 1 larger one for big hole two med size for oval holes
I looked at lowes real quick today but did not find anything that I knew for sure would fit. I'll probably just have to buy some and take back what does not fit

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I stuck a couple of little black vinyl circle shaped stickers over the holes just to keep the dust out

·
Registered
422 Posts
i put the screws back in the carrier mount holes and just stuck the bumpstops back in also. they dont interfer with anything and you cant see them unless you look behind the tire :beer:
X2... I designed my tire carrier swingout to use the factory bumpstops.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
My Fabfours tire swing out matches up with the stock gate bumpers. Haven't plugged the bolt holes yet.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do not have a spare or a carrier right now, just bare tailgate, I fabbed up a plate today to cover the screw holes and adding a little custom touch that I have never seen anyone do before so within the next couple days that will be done

As far as the other holes, NAPA had nothing so not sure what I will yet

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I've heard you shouldn't remove the vent thing. don't know what it does though.
probably put there to keep the top from fluttering, But I'm not sure.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have to tank the vent out if you put te warrior products tailgate kit so it can't be that big of a deal

·
Registered
966 Posts
from what Ive heard on here, and makes sense, if you block the vent and run the AC/Heat with the windows up and all plugs in, the jeep will pressurize causing you to go deaf, lose consciousness and empty your bowels. The vent prevents this from happening.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
from what Ive heard on here, and makes sense, if you block the vent and run the AC/Heat with the windows up and all plugs in, the jeep will pressurize causing you to go deaf, lose consciousness and empty your bowels. The vent prevents this from happening.
:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

Almost sig worthy

·
Registered
174 Posts
:laughing::D:laughing:

·
Registered
480 Posts
As far as the other holes, NAPA had nothing so not sure what I will yet
There was someone on this forum (or perhaps the other one) that had found the perfect size inserts for those holes and ordered them in bulk. He was selling them for a couple bucks for the 3. I got them probably about a year ago from him. I'll see if I can find the PMs about it.

And I've been running without that vent, and sans spare, for 6 months at least. It was freezing one day and I pulled on it when someone asked me what it was and all the clips holding it in snapped off from the cold. :shaking:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Can't find who was selling them, but here is a pic of what looks exactly like what I have. And I cut a small hole in the lower left one to run my cb wire through.

And in this post, the guy describes how he found what he needed at Lowes.

:beer:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts