JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kind of interested what other people paid for their rubicons

I just bought a 09 4dr rubicon soft top for 35k and some change, life time warranty on engine/trans/transfer case and axles, does this sound about right?:beer:

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Closed my Eyes

I just bought a 09 4dr rubicon soft top for 35k and some change, life time warranty on engine/trans/transfer case and axles, does this sound about right?:beer:
I closed my eyes and did not look at the total! My wife would know to the penny, including interest, upgrades and repairs (The ones she knows about). I feel better not knowing..... :laughing:

·
Registered
781 Posts

Hate to burst any bubbles but I paid $28,800 ($38k MSRP) when they were offering employee pricing ++ back in Feb of this year. Mine is a loaded Rubcion with the lifetime engine warranty (I'm sure voided now) and every option except side airbags and the smoker's group. What you paid seems to be in line with the incentives they are offering right now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well then i guess my ass doesnt hurt to bad then, i was amazed by the prices of these amazing jeeps, but then after i wheel the hell out of it, should be worth about 10k
hahaha

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
dont feel bad I paid sticker for mine Rubi back in sept 07 when they were few and far between, wait time on a build was 4months, not one dealer in NJ had any in stock and there was no bargaining , then after I had placed my order 4 days later another dealer 60mi away called to tell me they just got 2 in so I went to look and bought it that day, cancelled my order 4days after I had ordered it :laughing: that dealer still tried to sell it to me 4 months later when it was finally built.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
dont feel bad I paid sticker for mine Rubi back in sept 07 when they were few and far between, wait time on a build was 4months, not one dealer in NJ had any in stock and there was no bargaining
I got mine in January '07 and it was the same story, none available and at least a 4 month wait. I rang all around the dealerships in TX and found one coming in at a dealership that was a canceled order and got it for retail two weeks later, they even delivered it 180 miles to my door.

The local dealership actually had one, but they wanted above retail and out of principle I just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i love it so in the long run i guess it was well worth it, the new navi/dvd system in this vehicle kicks a$$, i paid $2000 for a kenwood touch screen in my grand cherokee and it had nothing on this unit, except being able to play dvd while in drive....and dont worry it is for my girl, i pay attention to things i can run over

·
Registered
44 Posts
Picked up my 4 door Rubi fully loaded except for tow package and remote start, which I had them add. It snows in my neck of the woods and that remote start in the winter is a great thing. I bought it April this year out the door just under 30,000.

·
14ers
479 Posts
I got mine in January '07 and it was the same story, none available and at least a 4 month wait. I rang all around the dealerships in TX and found one coming in at a dealership that was a canceled order and got it for retail two weeks later, they even delivered it 180 miles to my door.

The local dealership actually had one, but they wanted above retail and out of principle I just couldn't do it.
I got mine Oct of 07. Same story, none to be had. Every dealer wanted a deposit to order. I found one 650 miles away and hammered out the deal over the phone for about 2k under sticker which was 32k. They even paid for my plane ticket and I drove it home - they really didn't want to deliver it. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
was offered an '09 2 door no option Rubi for just over $21k back in January of this year. Unfortunately it was a little more than we were willing to spend at the time.

·
Registered
916 Posts
3 months ago i bought a brand new 09 Unlimited Rubicon with a 6speed, freedom hard top, GPS/DVD/MP3/Sat, Infinity sound package, the freedom top bag with some grab handles and alarm for $29,400

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
'09 2dr rubi, 6speed, manual locks/windows, soft top, 23k out the door. 2 months ago

·
Registered
430 Posts
bought my 07 Rubicon Unlimited used at 44000 kms and with my TJ trade in $18400 +taxes from the local dealership

·
Registered
48 Posts
I found mine on craigslist in Salt Lake with 35000 miles, hard top, automatic, for 17500. It is an 07 with a little over a year left on the warranty.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
$25K for new 4 door Rubi.... last 08 on the lot 2 months ago. Sold the half doors for $4500:thefinger:

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
When I bought my X in Nov of 08 the price on the Rubi was 29500 loaded... that was with the incentive plans and lifetime warranty on the drive train.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
You did damn good...
I tell ya what... I'm in love with this thing. Like I said, I've only had it 3 days, but since I picked it up in Charleston, WV and I now live in Jersey, my baby already has almost 900 miles on her.

I did my best to keep it under 60mph the first 300 miles like the manual recommends. I think it crept up to 65 a couple of times, but not for long. I put the 300 on it before I left today and the whole 480 mile trip today she did just fine. It's not a speed demon by any definition, but 6th gear does much better at 70-75mph than it does at 60mph. I could actually hold 6th up some of the smaller hills.

Well, enough of the threadjack. Suffice it to say, I'm 100% pleased so far.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts