JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
you must have a cool wife, if i tried to grill our lamps she would be pissed.

im actually grilling some sausage now

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Grillin a London Broil right now that's been marinading all day!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lamb kabobs, Chicken kabobs, potatoes.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,273 Posts
I made up some cevapi (ground beef/pork/lamb sausages. My favorite eastern European food) and and smoked it with hickory chunks.
Sounds delicious.......but isn't that kind of hard to keep lit?:thefinger:

·
Registered
436 Posts
You ruined that steak with all that other stuff on it. How are you supposed to taste the meat?

I grilled some garlic topped filet mignon on Friday. Probably going to do some grilled shrimp of some sort next weekend.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
You ruined that steak with all that other stuff on it. How are you supposed to taste the meat?
While different than usual (salt-n-pepper) It's far from ruined.. I am testing out some new rub from a buddy who just started a business selling spices and rub. I bet there are zero complaints from the customers.

:beer:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this depends! If grilling a filet it gets nothing but salt, pepper, and a then a 5 minute rest with butter. But lately that's been boring. I made a dry rub the other day for a flank steak. Charred it real good on the outside, medium rare in the middle. Made for killer fajitas.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I have a buddy that just started up a business selling dry rubs and such... (tough business) and I just got a batch of several different rubs that I will be testing out over the next week or so. Chickens tomorrow night..... ribs the next. Also got some habanero salt that I am not sure how to use just yet.

Should be a fun week!

If you are interested in some rubs check out Sin City Rubs, he is a Jeeper (CJ) and a Vet!

http://www.sincityrubs.com/

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
steaks and baked sweet potatoes. MRG if your buddy needs any other guinea pigs, let me know. I enjoy trying different spices out

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
BACO'S????????

Say it ain't so!!!!!

But that slab of Bossy looks incredible. :beer:

I can taste your meat from all the way up here.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Damn you Ron my brother-I was just posting to see how it turned out and while doing so you posted the pic!!! Barb is on a plane right now to you locale for some of that food- she has an Eagles Jersey on though- is that ok?? LOL I've never done a dry rub on a steak before but that might change!! Oh, and your buddy is gonna owe you somehow- Barb saw the Habinera salt and we'll be ordering from him tonite or tomorrow!!!:beer: Oh and the potato looks damn good too- can you ship them? LOL We just ate and already we're hungry again!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Let me know how that rib rub works out. I like to play around making my own, but welcome a tasty, easier route...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts