JKOwners Forum banner

4141 - 4160 of 4189 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,142
Replaced my cracked up wind shield and added a decal.

As in the band Slayer? Cause 2 of my Co-worker are family of Gary Holt.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,145

·
V8 dreams
3,569 Posts
:dunno: why but I keep imagining two JiffyLube employees on their lunch break in your Jeep ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z24ie5ieq_8

:jeep2:
lol ok that was good...the background music really made it! took it back up there because the lift i have access to is a good 45 minutes away...thinking they can droop is back down and sneak it right back in...pretty sure nothing broke or was damaged.

they are about afraid of my jeep at this point for an oil change/tire rotation...fumoto valve and drain tube, skids, 5 tire rotation, tire carrier, nothing they're used to. but I'm not doing that myself when they do for $37!

but they were nice about it and apologetic it happened. i can't really be mad and as long as they can get it back in I'll be on my merry way tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
6,194 Posts
lol ok that was good...the background music really made it! took it back up there because the lift i have access to is a good 45 minutes away...thinking they can droop is back down and sneak it right back in...pretty sure nothing broke or was damaged.

they are about afraid of my jeep at this point for an oil change/tire rotation...fumoto valve and drain tube, skids, 5 tire rotation, tire carrier, nothing they're used to. but I'm not doing that myself when they do for $37!

but they were nice about it and apologetic it happened. i can't really be mad and as long as they can get it back in I'll be on my merry way tomorrow.

I can relate . That is cheap to be certain . I traded off & forgo the change for spending that ( and maybe a tiny bit more :innocent:) on higher qual synth oil and stuff so it costs me to change mine. I don't trust anyone with my Jeeps, I suppose. :eyeroll:
Hey, just 'cuz my eyes are getting bad as I age , is that just the photo blur or camera artifact on the weld verticle down right edge of your aftermarket rear trackbar bracket as it's welded to the axle in that photo ...could that use a little fortification weld? I dun usually get up in folks stuff but I'd hate to overlook that and have the" easy to have happen " rip of that bracket when you're on a trail someday ....I'd hope you mention it to me if it were my photo , fwiw.
All good ?

·
V8 dreams
3,569 Posts
I can relate . That is cheap to be certain . I traded off & forgo the change for spending that ( and maybe a tiny bit more :innocent:) on higher qual synth oil and stuff so it costs me to change mine. I don't trust anyone with my Jeeps, I suppose. :eyeroll:
Hey, just 'cuz my eyes are getting bad as I age , is that just the photo blur or camera artifact on the weld verticle down right edge of your aftermarket rear trackbar bracket as it's welded to the axle in that photo ...could that use a little fortification weld? I dun usually get up in folks stuff but I'd hate to overlook that and have the" easy to have happen " rip of that bracket when you're on a trail someday ....I'd hope you mention it to me if it were my photo , fwiw.
All good ?
yes sir, bout to change some control arm joints out also and will check it out. thank ya!

·
V8 dreams
3,569 Posts
Well I limped it back to dealer and they put the spring in...but not the correction wedge. And when I pointed it out the tech explained to me why he's smarter than rock krawler. Guess I'll be getting underneath her sooner than I thought!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,194 Posts
Well I limped it back to dealer and they put the spring in...but not the correction wedge. And when I pointed it out the tech explained to me why he's smarter than rock krawler. Guess I'll be getting underneath her sooner than I thought!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i hate and fear them because of constrained energy is dangerous as hell but you could just rent for free at AutoZone,oreilys ,advanced auto a set of coil spring compressors and CAREFULLY compress each rear one at a time enough to slide the wedge under and up on the retaining hump. Be careful but that's likely what I'd do to make it faster..:jeep2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed a set of spidertrax wheel spacers..also wire brushed the rusty spots on the frame and threw on a coat of paint

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alpine X209-WRA NEW!

Hey guys, the new Alpine X209-WRA is out and when I looked it up, Sound of Tri-State came up with it. It looks like they have the cheapest option, so I called them and they said they'd give me $300 off and made up a coupon code for me. SOTS300 and I tried it multiple times and found out you can use it so I wanted to give everyone a heads-up so you can take advantage of the coupon while they have it up!!!!

·
Banned
514 Posts
Pulled a nail put of my rear tire... grrrr

Anybody know how thick duratracs are? Nail was just on the outer edge, didn't puncture, no air leaking out, i think it's an 8 ply

4141 - 4160 of 4189 Posts