JKOwners Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not that it helps now, but what I like to do is attach the balljoint press and put load on the BJ. Then hit the C with a MAP or OA torch. Propane is just not hot enough. It will either slide out on its own or you can hit it with a gun or breaker bar and get it to release.
Yup. I had MAP gas. Wasn't effective, unfortunately. Wished I had OA. I still won in the end.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
This weekend the weather was beautiful, took that as a sign to get my ass working on Jeeps again. We have a 3 day overland ride coming up late October, it would be nice to have the 4 door axle swap finished as well as a new drawer system for the 2 door.

4 door work:
  • Gutted the interior and gave it a good cleaning
  • Put the console back together, had pulled it to run new emergency brake lines.
  • Put the rear seat back in, had been pulled out for years for a sleeping deck.
  • Fresh layer of anti-seize all over me and the back of the Jeep from installing the seat bolts.....

2 door work:
  • Swapped the Teraflex rotopax fuel can mount from the 4 door to the 2 door. With the smaller tank of the 2 door I should have done it long ago.
  • Pulled the windshield mounted mirror mounts and gave them a fresh coat of paint.
  • Made a cardboard template for a fridge slide and a couple of drawers. (design below) Ordered the slide and some glides for the drawers.

I'll be mounting the fridge and drawers in the 2 door in a week or so, it's basically just a big box. Curious if anyone has suggestions on how to secure it to the Jeep. Was thinking about using the rear seat mounts somehow....???

View attachment 367276
I used rivnuts and a couple very discrete ring bolts with the red locktite nut inside the cavern behind the tail lights.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Laying out the initial drawer design and double checking measurements.
It will have a tool drawer, drawer for two front runner cases, drawer for the Jackery and an Action packer, fridge slide and room at the back for the lifesaver jerry can.

Can I place my order now? :LOL:
what is a Jackery? and what is an Action Packer?

·
Administrator
503 Posts
Jackery is a solar generator LINK, it will run my fridge and accessories when the Jeep is off (so the battery doesn't drain down) It can charge off the Jeep, wall power or solar panels.
FWIW it's also part of my home disaster recovery kit along with the Lifesaver filtration Jerry can. Jackery can power the critical things in my house while charging off the solar panels.

Action packer is a brand of case (shown in the pic above) Right now the plan is it will have our clothes, etc while the front runner cases (I'll post a pic below) will be our pantry.

Plant Automotive tire Wood Tree Bumper

81 - 94 of 94 Posts