JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
2,041 Posts
On my 4dr, I tore apart the tail lights. I needed to wire up running lights + 3rd brake lights to the spare. I have a cheapo license plate running light with integrated 3rd brake light. In case anyone cares what I did:

• The tailgate has a harness for the brake light and ground
  • I ran a wire (yellow) from the same area in the tailgate, through the wire sleeve, into plastic conduit and routed it down across the floor sub pan, up to the other corner of the tub. I then spliced it into the running light wire on the old license plate frame harness.
  • I label wires so subsequent owners know where they go.

Also while I was in there, I was reminded that I just left the resistance capacitors dangling. They melted a bunch of stuff, so I needed to fix that. Lesson learned.
Now I just need to mount them against the internal sheet so they don't cause any more trouble. My plan is to drill two small holes in the internal sheet and use a steel zip tie to hold them against the sheet. Should have done that originally.
Pics or it didn't happen.

· Banned
2,041 Posts
This weekend the weather was beautiful, took that as a sign to get my ass working on Jeeps again. We have a 3 day overland ride coming up late October, it would be nice to have the 4 door axle swap finished as well as a new drawer system for the 2 door.

4 door work:
  • Gutted the interior and gave it a good cleaning
  • Put the console back together, had pulled it to run new emergency brake lines.
  • Put the rear seat back in, had been pulled out for years for a sleeping deck.
  • Fresh layer of anti-seize all over me and the back of the Jeep from installing the seat bolts.....

2 door work:
  • Swapped the Teraflex rotopax fuel can mount from the 4 door to the 2 door. With the smaller tank of the 2 door I should have done it long ago.
  • Pulled the windshield mounted mirror mounts and gave them a fresh coat of paint.
  • Made a cardboard template for a fridge slide and a couple of drawers. (design below) Ordered the slide and some glides for the drawers.

I'll be mounting the fridge and drawers in the 2 door in a week or so, it's basically just a big box. Curious if anyone has suggestions on how to secure it to the Jeep. Was thinking about using the rear seat mounts somehow....???

View attachment 367276
I used rivnuts and a couple very discrete ring bolts with the red locktite nut inside the cavern behind the tail lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts