JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I frequent a firearm forum and everyday you can see a post on there about different handguns being the best. So my question on here is simple...Do most people buy one brand of handgun or do you own multiple brands?

I started out buying handguns that I could afford. I have a modest collection at this point, but I treat my collection like my financial portfolio, diversify!!

Currently in my stable of handguns I have: 2 Kimbers (my 4" is my primary carry firearm), 4 Sigs, 1 Glock (I do carry this sometimes), 1 HK, 1 Beretta, 1 S&W, and 1 Springfield Armory XD, and finally a Taurus Judge.

I enjoy each firearm for different reasons and when it comes down to it I have never had a problem with any of them. I know that people have love/hate relationships with manufacturer's but sometimes I wonder if that is not because they have not tried different firearms.

I just want to hear from others on their thought process behind the brands that they purchase.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Ruger- Super Alaskan Redhawk .44
Springfield 1911 A1 .45
Glock 22 .40
Smith & Wesson .460

Just sold-

Sig P238 .380
Smith & Wesson .357
Taurus PT111 9mm
Keltec P-3AT .380

I buy and shoot what I like and I try to go with brands/ models that have good reputations. Next handgun will be a Kimber UC .45.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are some good looking revolvers. I would have to say that I love my autos, but there is something about a 6" inch barrel that would make most people wet their pants...LOL!!

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,945 Posts
Those are some good looking revolvers. I would have to say that I love my autos, but there is something about a 6" inch barrel that would make most people wet their pants...LOL!!
I wet my pants with my 6" barrel, sucks getting old.

Walther PPS 40 and XD40 before the tragic boating/fishing/fish hunting accident of 2012...

·
Comfortably Numb
12,269 Posts
I have a stainless Ruger Redhawk .44 mag with 7 inch barrel and a suspended dot scope, a Colt . 45 government model series 70, a Ruger 22/45 stainless with tapered bull barrel and two Grendel P-30, 30 shot .22 magnums lapped and polished.:gluging:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Springfield 1911 (loaded model), Glock 27, Walther P22. I had 15 pistols at one point and downsized to these three.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So for the most part the question has been answered...it doesn't seem like too many people are a one brand of firearm. That is good to hear. I like the variety for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Back before I traded them in for Wal-Mart gift cards, I had S&W, Sig, and FN....not a brand specific fan boi
I was the same way before JKCTAZ flipped that boat on us.

But now my Sig938, Glock 19Gen4, Ruger SR1911 and S&W 2214 are all at the bottom of Lake Runamuck.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Whenever I post in a gun thread, I always expect to see drones hovering overhead when I go outside.

Any, If I owned and carried on a daily basis, I would probably carry a Springfield 1911 in 45acp. I would also prefer it in the "Champion size" (4" barrel).

It's soooo hard to get your concealed carry permit in Florida, so that will never happen.....wink...:D

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Before my kayak was overturned by an errant manatee and they all sunk to the bottom of the ocean....

Kahr
FN
Ruger
Taurus
S&W
Beretta

Not brand loyal but particularly fond of Kahr, FN, and Beretta. I like anything well made, reliable, and doesn't cost a small fortune.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Sig 1911
Sig P6
Sig P229 .40
Ruger LCP .380
RugerMKIII Hunter .22
Springfield XD45c
Springfield XD9-V10
KelTec PF9

1 - 20 of 148 Posts