JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 door jk is getting a 2.5 budget lift. what back space wheel works best for you running 35s. this is a daily driver. looking for best 35" wheel tire combo in others opinions.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
It will be detirmined by what size and design of wheel you are looking at. The JK already sits pretty wide so I don't think you would want to go too wide. Most people do just enough to clear everything. I personally have 15" steel wheels so that required me to go with at least 4" to clear the calipers but I wouldn't think you would need to go any wider then 3.75 or 3.5 at the max. I belive 17" steel wheels you can be down to the 5" range. I think stock are only something like 6.5 so people are running spacers to fit wider tires or they will rub. So I guess the important question now would be what size/style/type wheel where you thinking about?

Here is a little info to give you some ideas.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510&highlight=confirmed

If you end up getting some wheels post up in that thread so others can have that info as well! :beer:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
hey, why you laughing at me? It was an honest answer! :mr-t:

Just givin you a hard time btw, welcome to the forum! :smokin::beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the jeep is getting mickey thompson steet locks. with a RE 2" spacer lift. Tires are BFG km's. what backspace should i order to avoid rubbing. Or should I stick with a 33" tire.

·
Registered
774 Posts
if you are going to wheel it, stick with 33's. 35's will rub with only a 2 bb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts