JKOwners Forum banner

What are your thoughts about "Getting Ducked" ?

29K views 147 replies 23 participants last post by  Alfredjm 
#1 ·
"Getting Ducked" seems to be the new Jeep Wave and it has swept the nation. :ROFLMAO:

What are your thoughts about it?
It seems a little cultish, but isn't that what the Jeep Life is all about?
Is it just a Newbie Jeep thing?
What about you old school, hard core Jeep guys think? Yes, this is where you can piss in the cheerios.
How many times have you been ducked?
"Influencers" are now using the ducks as promotional tools, good idea?

Sadly, I have only been ducked 2 times.

The origins of Ducking...
"The Jeep Ducking craze is now popular in the U.S., but according to the Massachusetts-based Taunton Daily Gazette, it was started in Ontario by Allison Parliament, a Canadian woman, because of an experience that wasn’t in typical polite-Canadian style.

Parliament is from Orillia, Ontario, but also works in Alabama. In July, after returning to Canada, quarantining for two weeks and being tested for COVID-19, she went out and was approached by a stranger. According to her report to the newspaper, the man grabbed her shoulders, pushed her back into her vehicle, and swore at her and said she wasn’t welcome in Canada. She said she was attacked because of pandemic concerns over her Alabama license plate.

Mirror Glasses Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle

See less See more
#8 ·
Ducked twice. The first while we were away from the JK on a hike and beneath it was a piece of paper directing me to a Facebook site where I could register and order my own ducks. I don't do FB, so I didn't pursue it. I put the duck and the paper on another's Jeep, later. The second time my wife & I were briefly at a local mall. No paper, just a small yellow duck. It's wedged in the corner of my dash. Someday, I'll pass it along. Harmless fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.