JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished "The Screaming Skull and Other Short Stories" and now I'm working on Rudyard Kipling's "Tales of Horror & Fantasy". It's 759 pages so it might take a little while to finish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just finished "the lost symbol" by Dan Brown. Pretty good book

Sent from my iPhone 5G

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I dont really read fiction much but I am currently reading a few different non-fiction books. Good Calories Bad Calories by Gary Taubes, The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf and a few different things by Pavel Tsatsouline.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,377 Posts
I just finished WWZ, first book I paid for on the kindle in a long time.

@ripnhl2005:
Big Koontz/King fan here also. I read lots of authors of thriller/action/suspense on the kindle for free.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
This was the last book I read, I highly recommend it:

Really, really, interesting. It's a little jargon-y for the average person, but damn, it tells the story we all know from a completely different perspective. Including other planes where there were likely more hijackers that got away. The difference between civilian air control (keep 'em apart) and military air control (bring 'em together) and the ways they had to figure out how to point each other in the right directions. Just amazing.

~SoCo

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I just finished WWZ, first book I paid for on the kindle in a long time.

@ripnhl2005:
Big Koontz/King fan here also. I read lots of authors of thriller/action/suspense on the kindle for free.
WWZ was a great book. Agree about Koontz, but King's books have become tedious. "Under the Dome" sucked.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
This was the last book I read, I highly recommend it:

Really, really, interesting. It's a little jargon-y for the average person, but damn, it tells the story we all know from a completely different perspective. Including other planes where there were likely more hijackers that got away. The difference between civilian air control (keep 'em apart) and military air control (bring 'em together) and the ways they had to figure out how to point each other in the right directions. Just amazing.

~SoCo
Is this a book thats out for purchase?
I have an ipad so I'm look for an epub file....

Thanks!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Tom Clancy's splinter cell, at the moment.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For the Stephen King crowd:

I recently finished listening to a SK audio CD of "Mile 81" and "The Dune", which are short stories. They both seemed to be fairly classic King to me, especially "The Dune". They would be worth tracking down printed copies to read.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am just about finished with the second of two interesting non-fiction books:

Both by Gavin de Becker

--The gift of fear: survival signals that protect us from violence

and

--Protecting the gift: keeping children and teenagers safe.

Both books are interesting reads and offer info for all.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Atlas Shrugged

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.