JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going out to install the CB. removed the top panel over the CD Unit...and found a plug not in use with three wires. Red/Yellow, Black, and White/Green.

What are these for?!

I thought of cutting the plug off and wiring my CB to the power and ground.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not. but that is the plug on the left side of the box in pic above. the top panel has the tabs to mount that. btu i dont have it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Attached to the underside of the panel should be the compass. The gps for the mygig sits on the bottom corner with a little + sign. Both fit

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Attached to the underside of the panel should be the compass. The gps for the mygig sits on the bottom corner with a little + sign. Both fit
Oh shit your absolutely right i forgot about that when i swapped my radios.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
I read another thread where dude found the sub wire under the carpet in back and considered using it for something. Between the canbus and the fact all kinds of stuff can be disabled or enabled by flashing the ecm.... there's no way I would use an existing wire for anything.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
new question instead of a new thread.

what size inline fuse should I run for the CB? Uniden 510? I cant find the specs online stating the amp draw on it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
going out to install the CB. removed the top panel over the CD Unit...and found a plug not in use with three wires. Red/Yellow, Black, and White/Green.

What are these for?!

I thought of cutting the plug off and wiring my CB to the power and ground.
It's for your compass. The one that lights up on your Odometer spot.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
It's for the compass as stated and the gps wires are right above your head.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts