JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building another new unlimited rig. Want to run dynatrac axles and atlas 4spd. The dana 30 and stock transfer case on a sahara are not worth squat... Whereas both 44s and transfer case from the rubi have a resell value to finance the dynatracs and atlas. :D

The entire "business case" depends on selling the 44s and transfer case. Otherwise i will pick up a sahara and build it up but be stuck with extra parts which have little value.

Sahara is around 33-34k and the rubi is ~39k.

Thanks for your input in advance. :beer:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
They are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for them. That's the world's shittiest answer but it's perpetually true. I would list them on the classifieds outlets of your choice and put a timeline on the sale....during that time take bids and sell to the highest bidder until the timeline expires. You just never know what this stuff is going to go for. Fortunately, there is a reasonable demand for everything you're selling.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Building another new unlimited rig. Want to run dynatrac axles and atlas 4spd. The dana 30 and stock transfer case on a sahara are not worth squat... Whereas both 44s and transfer case from the rubi have a resell value to finance the dynatracs and atlas. :D

The entire "business case" depends on selling the 44s and transfer case. Otherwise i will pick up a sahara and build it up but be stuck with extra parts which have little value.

Sahara is around 33-34k and the rubi is ~39k.

Thanks for your input in advance. :beer:
Suppose the Sahara parts are only worth $1000 altogether. If you buy the Sahara and sell the parts you're down 32-33k.

If you buy the Rubi for 39k, you 'll have to sell the Rubi parts for 6-7k just to break even. You're risking a loss, and in order to come out ahead you'd need to sell the parts for more than 6-7k, which seems unrealistic to me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Montreal Canada

Will post it in the for sale section as soon as i close the deal. Will update thread with the link to the for sale add.

Thanks very much

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts