JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a set of Wet Okoles for the JK. First set I've owned. Heard nothing but good things about 'em.

Previous ride had a set of custom Coverkings I bought for it, they cost about the same as the Okoles. Those had CR-grade neoprene all around the entire seat surface, perfectly cut and stitched, nice tight nylon weave fabric over the top. They fit so well, and were so nice, it looked like the seats were actually re-upholstered. I don't know if Coverking's JK covers are this nice, but I suspect they would be. I figured Okoles would be at least as nice with that price, right??

Wrong! First, I asked for no logo and of course they have one. Inside the bag is an order slip that says 'No logo'. Nice. For your damn-near-$500, your 'neoprene' seat covers have a thin layer of neoprene on the seat bottom and back and nowhere else. The rest is just a layer of loosely-woven fabric with a little thin stretchy padding in between, no neoprene to be found. The fit...man, where to start. Some of the holes aren't aligned quite right, so you can pull and stretch it all day and you'll still have some wrinkles and areas that don't fit right. They never fit that tightly in any particular area. When it's all said and done, they still look like seat covers and nowhere near the quality of the Coverkings I had.

Thinking of getting Wet Okoles? Save your money, they aren't worth it. Insist on getting some anyway? I have a set I'll sell you. FAIL!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Before ragging them I would give their cust service people a call. They will make any problem right asap. Mine were perfect before I switched to leather. When I got mine I thought there was a problem with the headrest covers, I called them and they 2nd day air'ed me out the replacements no questions asked. Turned out the only problem with the head rests was "operator error".

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, and I'll contact them, but it's a multi-pronged issue. There is the 'these particular seat covers' issue, then there is the 'Wet Okole seat covers' issues which can't be resolved from a customer service call. That's the basic construction of the things, like ordering and paying for waterproof neoprene seat covers and getting only a neoprene facing. It goes beyond problems with a specific set of covers to whether I got my money's worth.

I dunno, maybe I'm being a little hard on them after my stellar Coverking experience, but I HATE feeling like I didn't get what I paid for.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I agree, and I'll contact them, but it's a multi-pronged issue. There is the 'these particular seat covers' issue, then there is the 'Wet Okole seat covers' issues which can't be resolved from a customer service call. That's the basic construction of the things, like ordering and paying for waterproof neoprene seat covers and getting only a neoprene facing. It goes beyond problems with a specific set of covers to whether I got my money's worth.

I dunno, maybe I'm being a little hard on them after my stellar Coverking experience, but I HATE feeling like I didn't get what I paid for.
Yea sounds like there was a major quality control issue with your set. They are not neoprene like a wet suit by any means but the fit was great on mine and the padding seemed to be in all the right places. Hope they get you taken care of.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wet Okole Customer Service Manager

My name is Tracy Willms @ Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers and I would be more than happy to help you with any problem you might be having with your seat covers. Were your covers were ordered through Quadratec? Have they been contacted? My contact number is 888 24-OKOLE (65653) ext 15. Please call.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
My name is Tracy Willms @ Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers and I would be more than happy to help you with any problem you might be having with your seat covers. Were your covers were ordered through Quadratec? Have they been contacted? My contact number is 888 24-OKOLE (65653) ext 15. Please call.
That was quick.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well if that customer service doesn't take the wind out of any complaint, I don't know what would.

Thanks for lurking and stepping in Tracy.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All is well that ends well....problem solved through customer service channels. I don't need to tell you guys, that's where the difference comes in to play :beer:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Wow- agreed- well done, Tracy :)

As a side note/gripe, I don't get the idea behind (no disrespect to any individual) going online and ripping on a part on a forum without even calling the manufacturer or distributor first. If you have a problem with a product or service, contact the provider, then rip on them :) That's how it SHOULD be done- Mark W.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts