JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing today with my GF, cjb321 and another buddy.
We were taking one of the rougher trails to the backside of the lake and I saw a gas can back in the weeds I'm thinking "sweet, free gas can!"
I park n walk over to it and its got chunks in it, so I carried back over to the Jeeps.

They asked what was in it, I shook it up and poured some into my had "uhhh hey guys, what does meth look like?"

Sooo we called the cops, wheeled back out to the main road to meet them, they had to wait for a lake patrol officer with a 4x4 pickup to follow us back to where I had left Chris with his Jeep and the dogs with the can.
Brought them back, they looked at it and said "yup, someones been back here cooking dope, thats meth"
Turned out to be about a pound and a half with a street value around $85K
So anyway, we finished up with the cops, they left with the can and we finally got to fishing.

didnt catch a damn thing, but had an adventure and it was a beautiful evening.

anyway, there's todays adventure :tup:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Wow- Larry- for some reason I am remembering that King of the Hill episode where they were busted buying crack to use for large-mouth bass bait.

Stay safe out there man. :beer:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Man, you're crazy. You could have finished off your Jeep with all that money. :innocent:

Just kidding Larry. Glad you found it and got it off the streets. Watch out for them crazy tweekers though.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Reward???? Hello hemi!

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Damn! Talk about money, I didn't know that stuff was worth so much!! No wonder there are so many dead beats trying to cook it around here. Glad to hear you got it off the streets and had some fun fishing in the same day.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Wow crazy find. Looks like a pretty relaxing day otherwise. Nice sunset.
Wow- Larry- for some reason I am remembering that King of the Hill episode where they were busted buying crack to use for large-mouth bass bait.

Stay safe out there man. :beer:
:laughing: definitely be safe;)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Awesome bust there Venom....But watch your back someone is out looking for that stash.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Neat find....but I'm not sure if I would be advertising this on the internet. Not that meth cooks spend a lot of time on Jeep/JK forums, but you never know if some outlaw biker owns a Jeep and...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I doubt the tweakers will want to find themselves associated with that gas can by any and all means. I wouldn't worry they're the dumbass' that left it in plain view and I would be kinda pissed as of no reward. Hard to trust the police nowadays, at least in my area I can tell you the Galveston county cops that patrol my locale are either corrupt and or incompetent. I have plenty of facts to back up my claims so don't bash. Just when you find any significant amount of drugs there is always a finders fee to help keep honest people honest, if not any Joe shmoe having financial difficulties in these economic time knows a friend of a friend that has the money to make it worth while, next time call the DEA. You did a good thing and it's great you are so honest and not wanting a reward but some coin to by some extra bullets incase a crazed tweaker comes out of the weeds looking for some smack....

Anyone see the NCIS episode where Tonys dr girlfriend is held hostage by the drug dealer, the mule is dead cause the drugs ruptured inside him and they cut him open to get the meth out and spill it all in his guts, then the mules sister is snorting the meth right out of his guts with blood and all cause she's tweaking so bad? It was freaking gross!

It would be funny to post a big sign out there that says "found 5gallon gas can, please call......) and use the reporting officers cell phone so they can track the hang ups to see how dumb the tweaker is!

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
I doubt the tweakers will want to find themselves associated with that gas can by any and all means. I wouldn't worry they're the dumbass' that left it in plain view and I would be kinda pissed as of no reward. Hard to trust the police nowadays, at least in my area I can tell you the Galveston county cops that patrol my locale are either corrupt and or incompetent. I have plenty of facts to back up my claims so don't bash. Just when you find any significant amount of drugs there is always a finders fee to help keep honest people honest, if not any Joe shmoe having financial difficulties in these economic time knows a friend of a friend that has the money to make it worth while, next time call the DEA. You did a good thing and it's great you are so honest and not wanting a reward but some coin to by some extra bullets incase a crazed tweaker comes out of the weeds looking for some smack....

Anyone see the NCIS episode where Tonys dr girlfriend is held hostage by the drug dealer, the mule is dead cause the drugs ruptured inside him and they cut him open to get the meth out and spill it all in his guts, then the mules sister is snorting the meth right out of his guts with blood and all cause she's tweaking so bad? It was freaking gross!

It would be funny to post a big sign out there that says "found 5gallon gas can, please call......) and use the reporting officers cell phone so they can track the hang ups to see how dumb the tweaker is!
Larry does work for and knows the cops. I'm sure he wasn't expecting a reward. Or maybe he got one and didn't tell us.:grinpimp:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts