JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After we went wheeling today, I came back with a check engine light. Went by the local Advance Auto so they could run a scan on it. Came back with Cam Shaft Sensor Error. Not sure what that is or what caused it. My ECU went into degraded mod and wouldn't allow me to run over 2500 RPMs.

Any one have or had this problem before? I'll be running it by the dealership tomorrow.

Only 1248 miles :pissed:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Auto tranny, high RPM's under load or uphill.....

Get a Scanguage II then you can read codes and reset the CPS sensor error on the fly (well at least without limping into the shop everytime).

Generally 5 startups without a CPS error will reset this code but I can't say for sure as I've never been into limp mode when I've triggered this error.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I got the check engine light error the day I drove mine home. I was not impressed. :pissed:
It spent the next day at the dealer where they replaced the cam shaft and crank shaft sensors. She has run perfectly ever since*. :smokin:

*Furiously knocks on wood! :laughing:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Standard tranny, under load up hill, down hill

So that code resulted in you getting your cam shaft replaced? What causes these things?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got off the phone at the dealership, they can't see me until tomorrow. So no wheels for another day. This sucks.... :bawling:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your not going to believe this.....

I fixed my own Cam shaft sensor problem, with the most power tool known to man. AIR!

Thats right, air. You see before we went wheeling I air down my tires to 20psi, well apparently the JK didn't like this and aside from showing me my low air tire indicator, it decided to flash the check engine light. Of course the ECU goes limp and makes me call dealerships. Well I was getting ready to drop the JK off at the dealership, and I decided to fill my tires back up to the recommended specs (37psi) and wouldn't you know, all idiot lights are back to normal. Meaning off.

With hell :shaking:

I guess I'll just be :D and drink a :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts