JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So most guys in here know my girls have Cystic Fibrosis. And i'm sure all you know about the Covid-19 situation.

What NONE of us know, is how it's going to affect people with CF... We do know that the virus attacks the epithelial cells in the lining of the lungs. those cells are already damaged in people with CF.

So we're holding out for as long as we feel we can. But we have 2 suspected cases very close to home (not in our school but in local schools) and we are about to pull the girls. It sucks. Missing their dance recital they've been working on, not getting to see friends. My wife is going to end up home when the close pittsburgh Public and i'm going to end up working at night and from home.

I don't see a way around this until we know what it will do to people with CF. i'm not one to overreact. But it's clear it's coming and it's clear we aren't going to stop it.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Your in a tough spot with your kidos/stay safe.

We are only probably out a few prom dresses and canceled soccer tournaments/games at this point but big picture nothing major.

I have a feeling schools will be shut at some point in the very near future for an extended "spring break" period.

Wife works in our school district so if they do close at least we dont have to worry about that part of it.

I can't get over how much shit comes from overseas. Shelves are pretty bare around these parts and not just TP and bleach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We can't win...

Kim just called (my wife). one of her students, her mother was around her mother's boyfriend who is currently symptomatic. not confirmed or anything... but still.

sooooooo, at this point kim's on flu precautions. and today is the last day of normal work for her and I, and today's the last day for school for the girls. No reason to mess around.

This sucks.

·
Banned
702 Posts
Sorry for your trouble. But realizing that you're doing the right thing is what really matters.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
You're doing the right thing. Hole up for a while. This will blow over at some point. Problem is, you can't trust other people to do the right thing, so avoiding them really is the only option.

^This .......people won’t do the right thing.

It sucks but don’t blame ya one bit for pulling them out, that recital will be cancelled anyways.

Everything’s going to get cancelled........I’ve had two different sources tell me the CDC is going to make an announcement that will panic the general public even beyond the shit fest we are now. True or not I dunno.....and the sources are 800 miles apart from each other so who knows.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That does suck, I’m in Pittsburgh too. Hard to get people to understand it’s not just about them. You need to make sure not to spread this to those more at risk than ourselves. Good luck with your daughters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Our daycare in Texas shutdown. Public school is on a extended spring break for another week, which I’m sure we be extended. At least my wife can work from home while all this shit is happening, keep the kids from it if we can.

You’re right about people not giving a shit and going out in public. We have a friend that took their kid to the zoo know full well the son had the flu. I don’t know wtf goes through people’s minds. Suffice to say, my family is staying far away from that family.

Grocery stores are bare down here as well. Stock up on the necessities, dry food and canned goods. Walmart is on temp hours to give them time to stock shelves at night, people are taking items off the stocking carts before they even go out.

If the CDC does go off and say something, the uncivilized people are going to go apeshit. Keep a good head on you alls shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just had the county judge call and want an entire semi load of bleach. That is absurd and there is no way they could use it before its is no good. I sold him some (25) but damn, that is our "leadership".

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 weeks in. We haven't had takeout the entire time. PJ was missing pizza so much she ate almost an entire frozen pizza yesterday haha.

hope you guys are doing well.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Pretty crazy times. Hope you guys stay healthy and keep your spirits up. Lack of pizza will get anybody down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just stay home and stay away from other people to, better to disinfect your house too. your girls are highrisk because of their condition

1 - 15 of 15 Posts