JKOwners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Motor pool... Hmmm... what did you do when you were in? First half of my Army "career", I worked on the M1. Reclassed to MP.. hated it. ETS'd. Loved working on the tanks, though. They showed us those videos and photos to prevent those things from happening to us. I'm hard headed. I've almost never taken my ring off. When I did while working on a tank, I put it on my dog tags. Never lost it. I'm still a bit hard headed about it.

In my current career, I've only seen one loose a finger because of a wedding ring. Wedding band got caught on the side of a dumpster. Stepped up on the side of it to look in, foot slipped. Ring caught the side of the dumpster and "degloved" the finger. I saw it when he came into the ER. It was ugly.

LOTS of silicone wedding bands were purchased by my peers after that....

https://qalo.com/
This is where most of them got theirs.
Field Artillery. M109A2 actually hooked the ring in the M548 ammo carrier.
it was not a fun day.

·
Random Dude
3,041 Posts
^X2

blatant re-use of an appropriate comment but an old thead.

Did @RubiCajun split town for good :question:

:jeep2:
I too have been wondering where the ol' Acadian horndog is :cwm13: . . . :dunno:

So, I just e-stalked him like the Jedi ninja master hacker I am. . . (looked at his profile :laughing: ) :

WharDafook'dRubiCajunGeaux? said:
Last Activity: 07-18-2018 07:21 AM
:dunno: . . . :(

EDIT: maybe he followed that purple left boob over to WayaWireNuts?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
It's really not like the A-Man to be MIA for so long. Last time he was here ( I think in this thread) I felt like something was "off" about his demeanor but I sure don't have the right to speculate beyond that. Really hoping that he and Ed are on the road out west... Thelma & Louise style... Taking turns on the bitch seat as they straddle that rumbling hog... wind in their long silvery locks... burning down one town after another and showing the young ladies what a couple of American made all-beef patties are all about. But not for a minute do I think that he would've passed on the koala sex-party if he'd had the opportunity to have jumped in. In complete seriousness... Hoping all is well.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
yeah, you maybe got that last response out of him ( this thread, as u mentioned) just as he was acknowledging the timing or start of iirc wht he called ' a sabbatical' or something; I sensed a diff'rent "tone" ,also ( we spend a sh*tload of time together on this bloody forum if we can pik tht stuff up, lol) in his comment but it more seemed as-tho he was just quik chcking -in & replied to you so u were aware?

I kno he gets ruffled feathers over tech BS so possibly he went workin, travelin and wanted 'stuff' to get worked-out w jko for a while.

He likes this place and will be back, I am sure.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Well, I have talked to Allan in the past few months and have texted him a lot. Don't know if he wants me to say or not but since this is one big dysfunctional family whats he gonna do disown me?

He was out hunting and had to come home early from his trip. Went to Dr. and they have diagnosed him with severe COPD. He can't drive the last time I talked with him and he is pretty much stuck on Oxygen.

But he is alive still.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Well he never could drive so what's new?

If you correspond with him... Tell him we love him and I personally miss stroking his fur in manly ways.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

If you correspond with him... Tell him we love him and I personally miss stroking his fur in manly ways.
Shit last time he drove the jeep it tried to kill him.

AND TMFI on the fur.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts

^X2!

Holy crap. Dude's had a rough few years . Please tell him we're all thinking of him (but NOT being run down at the end of his driveway - type thinkin 'bout him ) ... in a cool dude kinda way...
I had no idea we had Furbies among-us in here , Stub :thefinger:

Allan's seemingly a trooper; hope he feels better soon.
:grinpimp:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Well guys... the divorce was quick and painless. I'm finally free!

But seriously... My wife and I are celebrating our one year anniversary today! It's been one hell of an interesting year full of good and bad. Some of the more notable things...

Chelsea's mother ( that I've spoken about on jko before) died last year. With their strained relationship, I would've assumed this to be a relatively manageable event. I was very very wrong and suffice it to say that it was emotionally overwhelming for her. Never before has my heart broken so badly for her. But time definitely heals most wounds and despite all the crazy details that I'm leaving out... she has handled this all quite well. It's maybe one instance of adversity forging one's character because I believe her to be stronger than she ever was before.

Chelsea also has gotten a notable promotion at her job/ career last year. She's steadily moving up the ladder and is a seemingly vital and appreciated part of the company. Her enthusiasm, work ethic, and dedication is truly inspiring. She's established her 401k and has made nothing but wise decisions regarding her future. I've guided her a good deal along the way but this is all HER imo and I couldn't be more proud of this vibrant and successful woman!

We got a cat! I'm a life long dog guy and so I was adamantly opposed to this for the longest time. But I truly love Chelsea and want her to have the things that she genuinely desires so I caved in and we adopted a rescue last year. One of the BEST decisions I've ever made! I love this precious little thing. So many of the horror stories about cats just haven't played out with this one. She's the sweetest, cleanest, most well behaved animal that I've ever owned and Chelsea absolutely adores her. Admittedly... I do too.

As of Thursday last week, I did something that has been very difficult to bring myself to do... put in my 2 weeks notice at the job I've had over the last 10 years. My 10 year anniversary was in fact last week as well. It's a job that was overall miserable and often infuriating. It also robbed me of a great deal... physically, mentally, and emotionally but I had a considerable extended family there that I will absolutely miss. It's a bit surreal and bittersweet right now but I believe that I'll make the transition without much issue. I likely would've stuck it out longer but over the past year or so Chelsea has become increasingly vocal regarding her insistence that I leave. She's seen what it's done to me and although we don't know what the next chapter will present, we'll continue to walk the road together... for better/ for worse.

Obviously there have been many other things transpiring throughout this past year but I just wanted to touch on a few things as this post is already way too long. I feel that we continue to grow closer as our time together continues and I think that I can speak for her and say that we are both very happy and very appreciative of what we have brought into this relationship. Marriage hasn't "changed" anything nor has it changed me but at least in regards to my own feelings, I love this woman with all my heart and I will continue to provide security, respect, compassion, and devotion for as long as I'm alive. You never know what the future may hold but if the rest of the years are anything like the first... we'll be just fine.

Take care guys and my humble and sincere thanks go out to you all for the support and words of wisdom that y'all have offered when I needed it the most.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Well guys... the divorce was quick and painless. I'm finally free!

But seriously... My wife and I are celebrating our one year anniversary today! It's been one hell of an interesting year full of good and bad. Some of the more notable things...

Chelsea's mother ( that I've spoken about on jko before) died last year. With their strained relationship, I would've assumed this to be a relatively manageable event. I was very very wrong and suffice it to say that it was emotionally overwhelming for her. Never before has my heart broken so badly for her. But time definitely heals most wounds and despite all the crazy details that I'm leaving out... she has handled this all quite well. It's maybe one instance of adversity forging one's character because I believe her to be stronger than she ever was before.

Chelsea also has gotten a notable promotion at her job/ career last year. She's steadily moving up the ladder and is a seemingly vital and appreciated part of the company. Her enthusiasm, work ethic, and dedication is truly inspiring. She's established her 401k and has made nothing but wise decisions regarding her future. I've guided her a good deal along the way but this is all HER imo and I couldn't be more proud of this vibrant and successful woman!

We got a cat! I'm a life long dog guy and so I was adamantly opposed to this for the longest time. But I truly love Chelsea and want her to have the things that she genuinely desires so I caved in and we adopted a rescue last year. One of the BEST decisions I've ever made! I love this precious little thing. So many of the horror stories about cats just haven't played out with this one. She's the sweetest, cleanest, most well behaved animal that I've ever owned and Chelsea absolutely adores her. Admittedly... I do too.

As of Thursday last week, I did something that has been very difficult to bring myself to do... put in my 2 weeks notice at the job I've had over the last 10 years. My 10 year anniversary was in fact last week as well. It's a job that was overall miserable and often infuriating. It also robbed me of a great deal... physically, mentally, and emotionally but I had a considerable extended family there that I will absolutely miss. It's a bit surreal and bittersweet right now but I believe that I'll make the transition without much issue. I likely would've stuck it out longer but over the past year or so Chelsea has become increasingly vocal regarding her insistence that I leave. She's seen what it's done to me and although we don't know what the next chapter will present, we'll continue to walk the road together... for better/ for worse.

Obviously there have been many other things transpiring throughout this past year but I just wanted to touch on a few things as this post is already way too long. I feel that we continue to grow closer as our time together continues and I think that I can speak for her and say that we are both very happy and very appreciative of what we have brought into this relationship. Marriage hasn't "changed" anything nor has it changed me but at least in regards to my own feelings, I love this woman with all my heart and I will continue to provide security, respect, compassion, and devotion for as long as I'm alive. You never know what the future may hold but if the rest of the years are anything like the first... we'll be just fine.

Take care guys and my humble and sincere thanks go out to you all for the support and words of wisdom that y'all have offered when I needed it the most.
after 30 years of happy marriage let me give you some sound advise...never think you can speak for your wife.

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts
after 30 years of happy marriage let me give you some sound advise...never think you can speak for your wife.
I'm only at 20yrs in a few days and I learned that one early on

Sounds like a good move Stub. If it was that much of a grind it was time to move on. The cat thing disturbes me but we all have something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
You got a fucking cat?!?!?!

Congrats Stub, my best friend is my wife, been married knocking on 30 years and I like being married. It has its trying times but the rewards far outweigh those times.

Congrats on the job change, just went thru one of those also and it’s turned out to be a good move!

·
Random Dude
3,041 Posts
Congrats on your one-year anniversary Stub! :bounce: Keep on keepin' on.

Isn't that a bit early :cwm13: to . . . bring new ***** into the relationship? :laughing: :thefinger:

Glad to hear you bailed on a soul-sucking job, hope your next gig is a good one :rockon:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Congrats Stub. Gonna hit 25 in August, the phrase "yes dear" is helpful formlong term bliss.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Congrats Stub!

It will be 13 years this year for us. My Wife is my best friend also.

A few things to consider....
1. As Jadmt said, you can never speak for your Wife.
2. If she ever becomes a stay-at-home Mom, never say that "she doesn't work." :nuke:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Thanks so much, guys!

I will quote her exact words here. She said "You can speak for me anytime because you know me better than anyone ever has"... her exact words. So maybe I can lol! I can also say with complete confidence that I've so far been a pretty damned good husband. I will always honor her and I will never neglect her needs nor the vows that I said to her one year ago... no joke.

Now here's a picture of my wife's *****!

81 - 100 of 113 Posts