JKOwners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks, man. A keeper for sure. A lot of people wonder why I took this long but marriage is a seriously big deal to me and I wanted to allow her plenty of time to change her mind. Waiting five years was never what she wanted but she stuck it out and continually proved her commitment to the relationship. In her mind, this was long overdue.

Btw I'm glad that we dressed somewhat casual for this thing. Not sure that we really could've realistically taken a half-naked Jeep had we decided to dress any more formal.

Congratulations Friend.

Seems you we’re getting married at the same time as my daughter.

Her wedding was @ Crystal Beach.

We rented this place for a few days, and had a spectacular time.

Sounds like you landed “the one”.

Here’s to many happy years for y’all.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Very nice, Pmedic... and fortunately away from the congestion on the island. I was relieved that the surrounding area had seemingly recovered pretty well from Ike. I know that was some years ago but the I couldn't help but to think that maybe that part of the coast was still reeling ( especially Bolivar). Have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for posting and congratulations to your daughter and family.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thank you, sir!

Now... Where the hell is Allan??? Anyone been in touch with him?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thanks, man. Lol... She's a summa cum laude graduate from Snuggle University and despite the fact that I never used to enjoy that kind of thing, I've found myself quite receptive to those cuddly-moments with her after a long hard day.

Figured that since I gave up my man-card long ago in this thread, there was no need to conceal my feelings on this topic lol.

·
Administrator
8,742 Posts
STOP!!!

STOP!!! DON'T DO IT STUBE!!!!!!

I HOPE I'M NOT TO LATE!!!

:thefinger: Just kidding!!

Congratulations.... you did good!

Marriage was the best thing that ever happend to me. Yes my wife is looking over my shoulder as I type this....

No really, it was.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
If I floated in here more often, I'd be up to speed on things. LOL

Best wishes for you guys. I've had my soulmate... next months makes 25 years. No worries for me. I'm a happy guy. Marriage is like a trail. Every obstacle... you just have to pick the right line. Damn the spotters, they have no idea whats going on. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
you can also take the bypass and even sometime just say, “ F- it !” and tear into the obstacle blockage , ramming and stacking yer rocks against its ledges and shoving other things into crevices to help you make it over the hairy parts.

( lol. Great analogy to marriage being trail similar, @b1pig ! I couldn’t resist. Congrats on the relationship; I’m also around that at 26 yrs total, 21married. I agree with your synopsis!)

:jeep2:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks Hit & Pig!

And congrats to all those still going strong. A little over 2 weeks into this thing and so far so good lol! I will say that she doesn't like that my wedding ring is often not where it's supposed to be but I swear it's tough to get used to wrenching, working, etc with that thing on. Other than that it's business as usual aside from the occasional "What the hell have I done??" moments.

·
Registered
680 Posts
If I had pics of my hand when I ripped most of one finger off when I was in the Army, I could help you convince her it might be better to not wear it while working.

I wear no jewelry now days.

had one hell of a surgeon in Army sewed everything back together. even still works although very little feeling in it.

they told me they could follow the blood trail from the motor pool to the medics office.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Damn! Screw her opinion! You've made your point... No more ring!! lol.

I think what she's getting at is that after I'm done with something, I tend to forget to put it back on. But still... In my defense, I've always got another project right around the bend. Thinking of maybe just running it thru my nasal-septum and calling it good!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Thanks Hit & Pig!

And congrats to all those still going strong. A little over 2 weeks into this thing and so far so good lol! I will say that she doesn't like that my wedding ring is often not where it's supposed to be but I swear it's tough to get used to wrenching, working, etc with that thing on. Other than that it's business as usual aside from the occasional "What the hell have I done??" moments.
I don't wear mine while working (at work or working at home). One guy at work pulled the tendon from his ring finger to the elbow. There is a picture of it in one of the safety slides. That convinced me right there it wasn't worth it.

Just tell her (and do it) that you'll put it back on when you're finished.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I told her to not read too much into things whenever she sees me without the ring on lol. She's onboard and wants me to be safe and comfortable so... not even an issue.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Thank you, sir!

Now... Where the hell is Allan??? Anyone been in touch with him?
Allan? Who dat? Heh, heh. Well forgive my sabbatical happening at the wrong time bud! I’ve been in the middle of the atchafalaya swamp basin for a while. Absent of radio tv internet news papers politics etc, etc. nothing is as peaceful. Now I’m having memories of the old JK Board where we met along with TexasKev. It’s been a good ride eh? And now you two are experiencing a good ride. At least you didn’t meet her at a drug store or Home Depot. Lol. If I’m to offer you two any advice, it would be never quit communicating. Remember even yelling and screaming is communication. Good luck to you both. Luvs ya’ll. :grin2:

·
Random Dude
3,041 Posts
If I had pics of my hand when I ripped most of one finger off when I was in the Army, I could help you convince her it might be better to not wear it while working.

Damn! Screw her opinion! You've made your point... No more ring!! lol.

I think what she's getting at is that after I'm done with something, I tend to forget to put it back on. But still... In my defense, I've always got another project right around the bend. Thinking of maybe just running it thru my nasal-septum and calling it good!
I told her to not read too much into things whenever she sees me without the ring on lol. She's onboard and wants me to be safe and comfortable so... not even an issue.
I never wear my ring, except to family holiday stuff or formal-ish occasions; out of comfort, safety, and maybe a touch of non-conformism.

My wife knows that I don't need the reminder, and that I would never try to pass myself off as anything other than monogamous, married, and taken.

I'm 0% a fan of tattoos, but I did offer to get a wedding band tattooed on (that's how permanent this shit is to me) - fortunately, she thought that was a bad idea.

Maybe none of that ^^^ helped, :dunno: but there's my take on wedding rings.

If not helpful, re-read it in a Forrest Gump voice and maybe it'll be entertaining :laughing:

Allan? Who dat? Heh, heh. Well forgive my sabbatical happening at the wrong time bud! I’ve been in the middle of the atchafalaya swamp basin for a while. Absent of radio tv internet news papers politics etc, etc. nothing is as peaceful. . . .

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
@ ExWrench

I feel like part of her deal is that she's still really enthusiastic about being married and still giddy about the official "Mr. & Mrs". thing. I actually like wearing mine ( when I can remember to do so... doh) so I'm quick to put it back on when she brings it to me lol. It's gonna look like hell before too long... already scratched up pretty good but as long as we're in agreement ( which we are) that I'm gonna remove it before wrenching and doing certain projects, and that there's going to be times that I'm going to forget to put it back on, then all is well.

A tattoo is a big "hell, no!" from me. Just looks tacky imo and it's kind of a cop-out in regards to me being conscious of her wishes. I may be a cantankerous old fucker but I still honor her and this union. Plus when we eventually DO get divorced I want to make damn sure that I don't have to amputate that finger before hitting the clubs! Also... Waving to a chick from across the bar just looks SO gangsta' with only three digits.

You always help, Cal... and I usually read your stuff in Forest's voice anyhow!

@ Alan

I sincerely do hope that everything is going well. Sometimes I'm just like an ol' mother hen with the worry and such. This thread would have been at least marginally more entertaining had you been here from it's inception but it's all good. If the wife and I ever do make it over to the morass of LA, I hope to inspect you myself for ticks, bruises, leakage, etc... That way I KNOW you're really alright! I'll bring my stethoscope and tongue depressors so... fair warning. Truly... Thank you, Alan... All the best to you, your wife, and the family. Take care, brother.

And fwiw... Over five years into this relationship and no yelling or fights yet... no joke. Maybe a handful of short-lived heated discussions but that's about it. The only time that I scream is when I'm in the bathroom and the only time that she screams is when she has to use aforementioned bathroom immediately after me. So far so good!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

had one hell of a surgeon in Army sewed everything back together. even still works although very little feeling in it.

they told me they could follow the blood trail from the motor pool to the medics office.

Motor pool... Hmmm... what did you do when you were in? First half of my Army "career", I worked on the M1. Reclassed to MP.. hated it. ETS'd. Loved working on the tanks, though. They showed us those videos and photos to prevent those things from happening to us. I'm hard headed. I've almost never taken my ring off. When I did while working on a tank, I put it on my dog tags. Never lost it. I'm still a bit hard headed about it.

In my current career, I've only seen one loose a finger because of a wedding ring. Wedding band got caught on the side of a dumpster. Stepped up on the side of it to look in, foot slipped. Ring caught the side of the dumpster and "degloved" the finger. I saw it when he came into the ER. It was ugly.

LOTS of silicone wedding bands were purchased by my peers after that....

https://qalo.com/
This is where most of them got theirs.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Plus when we eventually DO get divorced I want to make damn sure that I don't have to amputate that finger before hitting the clubs! Also... Waving to a chick from across the bar just looks SO gangsta' with only three digits.

You always help, Cal... and I usually read your stuff in Forest's voice anyhow!
I have never understood the idea of planning for a divorce. Maybe it is that I am ultra conservative, or whatever, I just don’t get it.

I wear a ring, and have for thirty years. I’m not sure but I’m pretty sure it would take a minor miracle to get it off and the identation on my finger to go away. When my wife and I were first engaged, my Nosy oldest sister thought she should have input on whether or not I should wear a ring. My sweet wife, as quick as she offered her opinion said, “we talked about it, and if his finger gets pulled off, he can wear it on another finger.” Shut my sister up really quick, and for thirty years, she has hated my wife.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts