JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Grats

Best advice I can give is "A Happy wife is a Happy Life" live by that and you will end up with many happy years together......

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Congrats! There is nothing better than a good woman to accompany you through life. And any woman who fishes around your dashboard for a dead rat is definitely a good woman.

All the best to you two.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Been married 25 years now and together for about 30...I can tell you "compromise" !
Doing things you both like, shooting, wheelin', ETC is great, but now when she (or you) wants to do something you (or her) isn't what you really want to do, COMPROMISE !

NEVER argue about money, go to bed mad, take the other for granite.

Congrats on taking the leap of faith... It's what YOU BOTH make it, not always peaches and cream, but can be a fun journey...it takes work sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks so much, guys... and Marcy lol. I've read all these comments several times now and I can't express my appreciation enough for the advice and well-wishes. Burning the candle at both ends lately so there unfortunately may not be much coherency in this reply.

Hopefully things won't change in any negative ways. I guess that's part of the reason that I was content with things the way that they were. But as mentioned... a healthy relationship recognizes compromise so rather than fight her on it ( as I did for the first few years) I made the decision to solidify my commitment to her. Also regarding concessions, I've realized that in all of my failed long-term adult relationships, that a big issue was me not being accepting of compromise nor individuality ( aside from one instance where the woman was simply a habitual liar and a piece of shit for accepting my support and subsequently never making things right. Sorry but that one still stings a bit).

With my soon to be wife, it's much different than any previous relationships and that's where I attribute my willingness to understand and value our differences. I'm rather OCD about things but I gotta say that I'm a lot less so than I was 5 years ago! I've discovered that being set in one's ways adds nothing positive to establish a healthy union nor does thinking that one is always right lol. Our willingness to go outside of our own individual comfort zone is I believe, something that has been crucial to establishing a solid foundation and with that, we are seemingly quite appreciative of our differences. I guess it's worth mentioning too, that I am very attentive to her needs and desires... be they spoken or not. I absolutely know that I will never be unfaithful to her in any conscious regard and I will continue to do as I always have over the last five years and provide her with guidance, support, security, and respect... Oh and I'm a fairly passionate and romantic son of a bitch too so that's probably a plus along with the fact that I keep her continually amused lol. I just really hope that all of these things will spell success for us.

Sorry for the rambling but the countdown is on! Today starts my vacation from work and she'll catch up to me next week so that we'll plenty of time off together. The wedding will be on a small scale, casual, and surrounded by about a dozen guests. Shortly after, we'll be heading down to the coast for the honeymoon. Then from there... no more threads about tether-balls, warm sauce, titties, lint brushes, stained seat-covers, or condoms.

You guys are the best. Thanks again so much for your support and I couldn't think of a better group of degenerates to crash a wedding so... I ain't scared! .

·
Registered
688 Posts
Stub said...

You guys are the best. Thanks again so much for your support and I couldn't think of a better group of degenerates to crash a wedding so... I ain't scared! .

SOOOO, that’s a round a-bout, secret squirrel code for we are all invited?
😎

Have fun but not to much fun.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Now I'm starting to reconsider that statement!

Although... I'd be proud to let any one of you take a whiff of my undies. Yes... I love y'all THAT much!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I've already learned to pee sitting down.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It's not about the pee, it's about the lingering turd floater that leaves a trail in your undies and skids down the porcelain throne. The aroma of brown man cologne that infects the nostrils and burns the eyes. This is the reason I shit in my sons bathroom.

Marriage is a great and wonderful thing, especially when you find a good one. Not everyday is the happiest and best, but that is a part of life (or a part of her getting drunk and yakking on the bed and all you can do is laugh at the situation). Next Monday will be 7 years (I wrote 6 and had to count again) for us and no signs of slowing down. 2 kids in and 1 on the way (I was practicing for the big day, but I guess I showed up for the game that day).

Congratulations. There is no luck involved in marriage.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well there seems to be some luck involved. But I guess that's subjective. For five years now we've yet to have a full-blown argument about anything. And out of the maybe 4 or 5 heated discussions that we've had, I was the one that for one reason or another came down hard... each time for what I feel was a justified concern or complaint. Every time, she has been receptive of my frustration or aggravation. I'm pretty convinced at this point that we're just not the fighting kind. Also... Neither of us drink so thankfully we have none of that drama or lack of judgement infecting the relationship. I miss having an ice-cold beer occasionally but because she's adamantly against either of us drinking and because of my family's history... it's a sacrifice that I have no problem with.

So everything is in motion now... waiting on guests to come into town so we're just making last minute preparations, running errands, and finalizing plans for the honeymoon.

Thank you guys again for everything. We absolutely appreciate the support.

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Well there seems to be some luck involved. But I guess that's subjective. For five years now we've yet to have a full-blown argument about anything. And out of the maybe 4 or 5 heated discussions that we've had, I was the one that for one reason or another came down hard... each time for what I feel was a justified concern or complaint. Every time, she has been receptive of my frustration or aggravation. I'm pretty convinced at this point that we're just not the fighting kind. Also... Neither of us drink so thankfully we have none of that drama or lack of judgement infecting the relationship. I miss having an ice-cold beer occasionally but because she's adamantly against either of us drinking and because of my family's history... it's a sacrifice that I have no problem with.

So everything is in motion now... waiting on guests to come into town so we're just making last minute preparations, running errands, and finalizing plans for the honeymoon.

Thank you guys again for everything. We absolutely appreciate the support.
What's crazy if we've both been on here long enough i remember the beginning of this relationship lol.

Congratulations man.

·
A JKO DICK
3,688 Posts
What's crazy if we've both been on here long enough i remember the beginning of this relationship lol.

Congratulations man.
What's crazy is we've all had a relationship with Stubs public bathroom habits longer than he's known his wife.

Oh yeah, GOOD LUCK!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I don't have all the wedding pics back yet so not many of those to post atm. Honestly I'm really exhausted atm and a bit crispy from too much sun.

We got back yesterday... Had a great time. I really enjoyed watching her reactions to so many new things that she'd never seen or experienced. I had originally wanted to go to Rockport but I'd heard that damage from hurricane Harvey is still pretty prevalent down there so we decided instead, to head to Galveston. Even though I lived on the island for many years, that was long ago and obviously a lot has changed. It was pretty damned packed when we arrived Sunday ( Mother's Day and Prom weekend together) but we managed to retreat down to the Strand to get away from most of the congestion. Trying not to write a book here, so quickly... We took a couple obligatory night-time strolls down the sand, took the ferry over to Bolivar to explore the old forts, saw some dolphins on the way back ( which I was hoping for since she'd never seen wild dolphins before), frolicked in the surf out at west beach which was just beautiful and quiet as usual, ate some great seafood... especially a fantastic experience at Willie G's, caught a beautiful sunrise out on East Beach, combed the beaches for seashells, etc, etc... basic tourist type things for the most part with a fairly romantic Stub-theme throughout. There was a lot that we didn't do but it's not too long of a drive so we're planning to go back and check-off a few more boxes that we didn't have time for this trip... Pleasure Pier, Moody Gardens Aquarium, etc.

Anyway... onto a few pics and Thanks again so much for the warm-wishes and support:

21 - 40 of 113 Posts