JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
After welding up my VKS frame sliders I'd finally had enough of my old Lincoln helmet. It was a hand-me-down but served me well up to now. It was falling apart and 2 sensors just wasn't enough in some of the positions I'd be in and get flashed.

So I stepped up to the Viking 3350. Tried it on in the welding supply place and it felt great. View size was phenomenal as well. Reviews show color and clarity of weld pools similar to hoods with Balder technology (maybe thats what 4C really is) so I was sold.

Got the regular black one cause I'm not into the graphic shit on hoods for $219 off amazon.
I got the 3350's little brother, the 2450 for Christmas, however, I made the mistake of leaving the stickers out where my wife could find them...

I've always used an old pipeliner hood with small passive lens, so this setup is very luxurious for me.

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
Ok, so I've been using Sweet Cheeks for a month now and there is one niggling little detail that makes me nuts. The grind mode button should be on the outside of the helmet. For some reason I do a lot of work where I alternate between the gun and the grinder and trying to get under the shield and poke the tiny "mode" button is impossible. Other than that, a month in, the helmet is great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.