JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2010 wrangler is having a strange problem. The radio cuts out every 2 or 5 seconds. It is not a power problem but more of a speaker issue. it does it in every input mode. I have searched and it seems it could be an amp issue. The strange thing is that after I take my hard top off the problem goes away. I just put it back on and the problem came back. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
It's a gremlin. Little bastards are everywhere in the JK electronics, thanks to poor house keeping at Chrysler. :shaking:

I'm not just making fun. Lots of people have complained about electronics issues, myself included. I know I'm no help here, just sayin.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
my 2010 wrangler is having a strange problem. The radio cuts out every 2 or 5 seconds. It is not a power problem but more of a speaker issue. it does it in every input mode. I have searched and it seems it could be an amp issue. The strange thing is that after I take my hard top off the problem goes away. I just put it back on and the problem came back. Any ideas?
Are you listening to Sat Radio? if so I think it is your antenna and the placement of it. Maybe try moving it if this is the issue.

·
Registered
858 Posts
so if you unplug the harness going into your hardtop it goes away.....

maybe just keep the harness unplugged.. I dont know about you but the rear window is useless for looking through, dont need the wiper or defroster

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I've had some flaky radio problems. But only after getting it wet. It'll turn the volume up and down,(usually down) change stations, not turn on. Once it dries out it's fine. So far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts