JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when i got home from Jamaica i noticed a weird squeaking noise:bawling: it sounds almost like rubber rubbing against something and its only when i let off the gas pedal(when my foots on the gas the noise stops). tire pressure is fine and they arent rubbing against anything that i can see, anyone have any other ideas that i should check?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Check for sand in all of your suspension parts driveshaft ,control arm bushings etc,does it sound internal if you narrow down a location it might be easier to help.

·
Registered
913 Posts
check your driveshaft u-joints. They will chirp on decel when they start to go bad. Look for any rust or cracks in and around the caps. They should also be pretty tight feeling when pushing the driveshaft up and down or side to side.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i thought it was just dirt/debris so i gave the jeep a bath this morning right before i checked the tire pressure n stuff, the u joints might be the problem because thats about where it sounds like its coming from. i just priced them it should be a cheep fix. thanks alot hopefully ill remember to say something when i replace the joints, i kinna wanna get someone to look at it before i pay money even if its only a few bucks. im no mechanic so i wont be able to tell if they are bad or not by looking

·
Registered
234 Posts
sounds like front driveshaft u-joint.

Mine has started to squeak, I got my wife to drive it slowly as I walked beside the JKU and it came from the front driveshaft U-joint. I crawled under and moved the shaft and sure enough it came for the U-joint. The U-joint looked good from the outside and I added some WD40 to remove that annoying squeak till I get time to drop it off at the mechanic to get it switched out with a greasable U-Joint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts