JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a question. I have anti-freeze(water) leaking from the right front lower part of the engine. Above the right front oil pan bolts are another set of bolts at the bottom of the engine,like the oil pan bolts to a large flange or something,kinda weird.Anyway it is leaking there.The leak is dripping off of one of the upper bolts.Any ideas?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Probably running down from the weep hole on the water pump. I had a similar thing on my 08 when my water pump was on the way out at 25k miles. The only drips would form on the front of the oil pan and would run down the side of the oil pan when driving. Took a while to finally discover it was the water pump since there weren't any signs of the leak coming from the pump.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.it leaks worst when I park it after driving(under pressure.I'll see if I can find that weep hole,sounds like that may be it. Thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yeah.it leaks worst when I park it after driving(under pressure.I'll see if I can find that weep hole,sounds like that may be it. Thanks
i've noticed clear water like fluid coming out of an elbowed tube that looks like a breather on the engine side of my fire wall before. Drips down onto the exhaust pipe then the ground after the A/C has been on or its hot out. Still not sure what that is.... my antifreeze/coolent is bright flouresent yellow

it does sound like you have a weeper hole somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts