JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2007 JKU Sahara, 75k miles.

So far, the ESP does not work, I get the TPS light that turns on randomly then stays on, and the guages are all out of whack.

Fuel guage only goes up to over 1/2 tank full, then drops way below empty, but the miles to empy counter works accuratly. If I drive over 81 mph the speedo stops, and then is out of whack at any speed below that till I stop.

So far the dealer has replaced the ECU, fuel sending unit, and the gas pedel. Has a new guage cluster comming to install sometime this week.

I have heard about the TPS sending the ESP out of whack, but not sure why the guages are not in sync. Was told they are magnetic, and they are not sure why they are not reading correctly. Apparently the tech had the guages set back correct, but then ran a final test that makes them run through there cycle and it sent them nuts again.

So far I'm cool with them throwing new parts at it, but unfortunetly the weekly 1 1/2 drive to Flagstaff is getting old. (bought it in Flag, live in the Prescott area)

And going up the hills on 33's with the stock gearing blows.

Any similar issues, and what was the resolution? Thank guys.

The Jeep does not run strange at all, runs and drives fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far the dealer has been good about the repairs, they fill up the Jeep for me after service, but they did try to charge me for the repairs the first time. I only owned the Jeep 18 hours before I called and explained the issues it was happening, and set up the service for 4 days after I bought it, as it was the soonest I could get back up to Flagstaff.

They gave me a little run around, and then said the diagnostic work for that day would be $125. I told them they could keep the Jeep and went to see the General Manger who got everything straightend out. Needless to say I was a little upset.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Hope you get if figured out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.