JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the wieght of a set of (4) 4" TeraFlex coil springs, I'm trying to get a quote for shipping purposes.

Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, just looking.
Anybody have an idea?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
This might get you close. I sold my TF 3" srings last year and the shipping weight was 46lbs. I shipped them in a TF 4" spring box and IIRC the weight on the box was virtually the same. Call it 48lbs, good to go.

Going to 4", eh? Good move. I started with a TF 4" kit w/3" springs & 35s. One trip to Moab and I knew I needed more. Swapped out for 4" springs and 37s a year ago. The rig is MUCH better with them. One thing though, TF adds excess bump stop to their 4" kit that doesn't make a lot of sense. The 3" kit has 2 3/4" in front, 2 3/4" rear, which was just about perfect. For some reason with 4" springs they add another 2 1/2" to the front and 2" to the rear. On my rig the 4" springs were exactly 1" taller than the 3s. When I ramped the rig I wasn't very impressed with the results. I discovered all that extra bump stop was restricting compression travel excessively. I ended up tossing TF's bump stops and installed Poly's 4" stops in their place. All is now cool. In their latest catalog TF shows some different length bump stops that would allow you to tune them to a variety of length combinations. Unfortunately last time I checked none of them were showing up on the .BIZ web site. Might want to call Joe & see if they're actually available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts