JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a smittybilt rear tire carrier this weekend and I'm debating wether to put it on bc of my stock 3.73 gears. I already have a smittybilt front bumper and the ace engineering rock sliders plus I have 35" tires on the jeep so I'm wondering if I put the rear bumper and tire carrier on with the 5th tire will it be too much weight for the gears? Or is anyone running a similar setup like this on 3.73 gears? I do some moderate Offroading so that's what I'm kind of worried about.

Thanks guys
Dan

·
Registered
156 Posts
So I picked up a smittybilt rear tire carrier this weekend and I'm debating wether to put it on bc of my stock 3.73 gears. I already have a smittybilt front bumper and the ace engineering rock sliders plus I have 35" tires on the jeep so I'm wondering if I put the rear bumper and tire carrier on with the 5th tire will it be too much weight for the gears? Or is anyone running a similar setup like this on 3.73 gears? I do some moderate Offroading so that's what I'm kind of worried about.

Thanks guys
Dan
I ran 35"s with stock gears both smitty front rear and rocker guards with tools and 4 people took it wheelin alot like that it struggled a bit on hill climbs but nothing major just don't push it. but you will be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts