JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
That looks cool Rooster! Ive ridden Avon Park Airforce Bombing Range a few times and they dont have cool stuff like that to ride up on. Just signs that say "Dont go here or you'll blow up."

·
Registered
394 Posts
Rooster,
That gives me flashbacks of when we were riding the back roads of Fort Rucker Alabama in '87. Got into an area of wrecks we were not susposed to be by and had MPs pouring out of the woods. Ended up towing most of them out of the ditches all the way back to the main hard road. Thank goodness we had 2 Coffee county sheriffs deputies and one Enterprise PD officer with us or we would have been in a heap of trouble... not to mention towing them out didnt hurt.

Looks like a fun time miss lower alabama and the pan handle.

Robert

·
Registered
868 Posts
Note to self: Work on Jeep, be in town when Jeff goes wheeling.

Ron

·
Registered
73 Posts
That was an awesome ride! I had fun man. Can't wait to go riding again! Here are a few I took.

There were a total of six JK's on the ride. I'm glad they all came!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very Cool!!! So is this like a secret area or can anybody go there??

Gus

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
You just need to go a buy a Pass and watch a movie on unexploded ordnance. It is on an Air Force base.

I have not been out there in years. How did your jeep do JayK? I know they used to have some real diffucult stuff, but I heard the took alot of it out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You just need to go a buy a Pass and watch a movie on unexploded ordnance. It is on an Air Force base.

I have not been out there in years. How did your jeep do JayK? I know they used to have some real diffucult stuff, but I heard the took alot of it out.
Yeah most of the tough stuff has been fenced off :( But I did manage to get stuck once. My rear driver side tire was hanging off a ledge. Kind of freaked me out. I was trying to go around the drop off, but of course Rooster had no problem making his was down it :D

Other than getting stuck I had a great time! I had never been to any of the places we went this weekend so it was a learning experience for me.

·
Administrator
8,731 Posts
Very Cool!!!!

I love to "See Shit" on a ride, and seeing jets, copters, and tanks is definitely "Seeing Shit"!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
i saw him eyeballing the cannon on the tank with a crescent wrench in his hand. lol

it was nice to get out and ride. very dusty.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what parts did Rooster get off of the "SHIT" for his Jeep now??:bounce:
I really like that flap on the side of the Navy plane as well. Pretty cool. Had the star painted on it, kind of rustic looking. Way cool.

I also saw a bunch of nice braided line and anodized fittings on the Helo's. No telling how much that cost the tax payer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I really like that flap on the side of the Navy plane as well. Pretty cool. Had the star painted on it, kind of rustic looking. Way cool.

I also saw a bunch of nice braided line and anodized fittings on the Helo's. No telling how much that cost the tax payer.

Are we looking at a half door for Rooster?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts