JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am really impressed by Longs' axles and the Birfield design. I have a Formula Toyota with 39.5 IROKs and stock third members. I have pulled the axles a number of times and cannot believe they show no wear or spline damage; and I am out at the Hammers a couple of times a month. I will put these in my Rubicon when the time comes.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree. Having a true CV joint at the front that you don't have to worry about breaking would be tits.

Right now, he's just building them for the TJ Rubi, but hopefully there can be enough interest to get him to take a look at doing something for the JK Rubi

·
Registered
630 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that he built a set for the JK that someone was trying out... am I wrong?

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I read somewhere that he built a set for the JK that someone was trying out... am I wrong?
there was a guy about a month ago that got a set for a TJ for testing

just before Christmas, Bobby said that they are considering some for the JK and are looking for a JK front end to get it designed

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quoted from Pirate
Longfield said:
Just got our new JK Rubicon for the wife 4" lift with 35s. The first thing Corey and I did was pull the front axles out they are 30 spline inners 32 spline outers to measure up for the new CVs we are going to build for them also.
Good news

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Longfield said:
New JK Rubicon Axles

We now have in stock our new JK Dana 44 Rubicon front axle shafts. They are 32 spline outers and 30 spline inners, 4340 chromoly shafts and bell. The inner race is 300m material. Same as our successful Toyotas! Comes with durable plastic waterproof boots. Copied after the Dana 60 CV boots. Not like the TJ's, these JK knuckles do not have to have any grinding done to them. Also we punched a small hole through the stub shaft, this makes it much easier to give it a shot of grease. Which you only need to do this a couple of times a year. Of course these come with our lifetime warranty, you break it we replace it. Also, these are rebuildable if you wear them out. This 4 piece set is $830.00 with free shipping in the continental U.S.
These will be on display at the Easter Jeep Safari, See you there!
cool

[url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776808&highlight[/URL]=

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
In addition to putting these axles in, I would recommend having your ring and pinion cryo'd by Bobby. I think the combination of Bobby's birfields and croy'd gears is one of the reasons my 39.5 IROKs don't kill my ring/pinions (8 inch Toyotas)....and I wheel the snot out of them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.