JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened...James' jeep appears to have given up the ghost on the way home. I think he said he is having it towed back to ElCentro or somewhere near there. He's not 100% sure until he gets it to a shop somewhere but has a strong feeling it is the transfer case.

Guess I'm asking if anyone here has a transfer case or knows of someone that does have one or has seen one on the cheap in the classifieds somewhere.

I told him to post up there in Cali to see if anyone local can help him out first, but if we can poke around here it may be helpful if he can't find anything there.

Don't have a game plan yet but hopefully we can figure something out in the next day or so...

Drop me a PM if you have any leads on parts or any ideas on how we might help him out in a pinch.

Thanks guys
Murray

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I've been on the hunt for one myself. I found one in the for sale section for $850 but it's in Alabama. I was going to try and come up with the funds, but it sounds like he needs it more. I will try to find the link.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Push coming to shove, couldn't he just pull his shafts, throw a tow bar on it, and get a tow back from someone with a receiver? Just a thought.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Push coming to shove, couldn't he just pull his shafts, throw a tow bar on it, and get a tow back from someone with a receiver? Just a thought.
I'm actually trying to find a truck and trailer here but I'm not having much luck. U haul does not have the equipment and does not let there trucks go one way..go figure. I'm pretty much stuck in this hell hole for who knows how long? Thanks for everyone s. help I
It is appreciated. keep the ideas coming.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
I'm actually trying to find a truck and trailer here but I'm not having much luck. U haul does not have the equipment and does not let there trucks go one way..go figure. I'm pretty much stuck in this hell hole for who knows how long? Thanks for everyone s. help I
It is appreciated. keep the ideas coming.
I'm talking about a Jeep towbar and someone else with a JK or a truck pull you back off their receiver. If you pulled your drive shafts, you could coast back the whole way under tow vehicle power.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you go to car-part.com you can search wrecking yards around the country that have a rubicon transfer case. Just put your information in and hit search. I dont know how fast they can get one to you but its worth calling around.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm talking about a Jeep towbar and someone else with a JK or a truck pull you back off their receiver. If you pulled your drive shafts, you could coast back the whole way under tow vehicle power.
That will work,, just need someone willing. Hopefully I'm out of here tommorow. Just have to see what tommorow brings. I'm by myself with no other jeeps. Tucson is 300 miles home.

·
Registered
357 Posts
That sucks... It seems like getting it to Tucson without fixing it would be most feasible. I haven't checked rates, but if someone had a day to spare, they could rent a truck and trailer from uhaul in Tucson and go get them and bring them back. Along those lines, if we could just scrape up a truck and trailer from people here, that would work too. Anyone know anyone with a tow rig?

Even if you found a t case, by the time it was shipped and installed, you'd probably be out more time and money

Also, I just posted up on UA's Offroad group. I know they often trailer rigs to glamis so it might be worth a shot. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would have offered my truck up but it's scheduled to go into the shop next week for front wheel bearings that have been shot for a couple months now which is why I haven't been driving it. Have to charge the batts as they are dead too from sitting. I should have put it in the shop while we were gone but then I would have had to let one of my guys drive it and they would have just been using it for personal use too so I had to make a judgement call to let it sit till we got back. I hate that my truck has been so unable to do out of town runs. I think this may motivate me to get it gone through for the just in case things considering I really haven't had to do much to it for 9 years.

I'm gonna call Poison Sypder here this morning too. They are just up north a little in Banning. Maybe they have one laying around or have an idea of somewhere to get one.

If he can get it fixed there and put trailer rental and gas towards the new t-case he may be money ahead but I guess it all depends on how everything plays out...keeping fingers crossed here.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would have offered my truck up but it's scheduled to go into the shop next week for front wheel bearings that have been shot for a couple months now which is why I haven't been driving it. Have to charge the batts as they are dead too from sitting. I should have put it in the shop while we were gone but then I would have had to let one of my guys drive it and they would have just been using it for personal use too so I had to make a judgement call to let it sit till we got back. I hate that my truck has been so unable to do out of town runs. I think this may motivate me to get it gone through for the just in case things considering I really haven't had to do much to it for 9 years.

I'm gonna call Poison Sypder here this morning too. They are just up north a little in Banning. Maybe they have one laying around or have an idea of somewhere to get one.

If he can get it fixed there and put trailer rental and gas towards the new t-case he may be money ahead but I guess it all depends on how everything plays out...keeping fingers crossed here.

Agreed, I was just looking for the quick fix. I don't know how flexible their work schedules are, so I thought getting back may be the top priority. Once its back, it could sit until we found a steal on one. I'll keep looking down both avenues.

Will keep looking...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ok,, got a truck and trailer! Having jeep towed to u haul this morning. Should be on road within a few hours.,will let you know all know when I get moving. Thanks for your help:)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I posted some club contacts for james in the other scal thred and also posted on Jeepforum. There is a tcase on azvjc but I ma having toruble getting logged in. Anyone (Rubiconquered) whi is active over there may be able to call out the azvjc rescue brigade.....I'm trying but not too active there.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?78447-NP241-Rubicon-T-case-for-sale

its an 06 so no sure....

edit ah we were typing at the ame time.....Great News, so, see you at the gap in the kittycon?

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok,, got a truck and trailer! Having jeep towed to u haul this morning. Should be on road within a few hours.,will let you know all know when I get moving. Thanks for your help:)
Okay, I won't make any more calls then till you get back. As you said, let us know when you are on the move back. Glad all is well and you're safe for the time being. See ya when you get back.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
James et al just FYI I did get a call from a Yuma4x4 (Perry) who offered to help and gave me his number! Let us know when your headed west
Oh I guess he is going back to San Diego? And you read maps for a living?

:suicide:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts