JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I see more than one vendor on here that are selling "alternatives to Rigid" lights. It would be great to have a guide along the lines of the Headlight Shootout Gil "usmcdoc" Fortin did a little while ago. One that compares prices, stated light output, warranties, construction, installation etc.

I need to know which 20" or 50" LED I should start wishing for!

Brands to Consider

- Rigid Industries
- Black Box Logistics
- Trail Worthy Fab
- Lifetime LED
- Alien Lighting
- Baja Designs
- VisionX
- Seward Offroad
- Quantum
- Aurora
- Totron Lights
- Bulldog LED Lighting
- OKKO LightingTech

· Registered
931 Posts
I agree...

I have a 40" combo from TWF and put it up against some *lame's 50" from (unspecified vendor) and he was PISSED. The difference was stupidly obvious- I have WAY more light out of my cheaper and smaller 40"combo.

He had tried to convince me to get the 50" for like $75 more from his guy, but I figured ANDY had a reason for his pricing.

I was right.

*The "lame" I am referring to is the owner of the 50"- a suspected pedantist that is in no way affiliated with (unspecified vendor)

· Registered
65 Posts
^^ ALL OF THIS ^^ I'll be honest, I can't afford the Rigid or the other big boys, so I'd luv to see how alternatives - like Black Box and Trail Worthy go side by side! I've been researching trying for figure out which to get come spring! :bounce: BTW, I'm looking at a 40"

· Registered
563 Posts
Yeah, I would offer up my ride as a test mule. Hook up should be easy with an Spod.....:th_pray:

· Registered
498 Posts
I have a 40" combo from TWF and put it up against some lames 50" from TRUCKADDONZ and he was PISSED. The difference was stupidly obvious- I have WAY more light out of my cheaper and smaller 40"combo.

He had tried to convince me to get the 50" for like $75 more from his guy, but I figured ANDY had a reason for his pricing.

I was right.
Sorry, but I'm calling BS on this, both on the light output and someone in my company being "pissed" about a comparison from the budget light bars I sell vs Andy's because I'm the only one here that has done testing or promotion. Additionally, I cannot think of one person that has called saying that they were considering the TWF light bar and asked me to compare them. Not saying TWF lights aren't quality because I've given Andy props very recently and recommend them as a vendor.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1437831&postcount=72

· Registered
498 Posts
I may have misread this after reading his post a second time. If he's saying that his friend was upset, that's different.

Regardless, there's no reason that the output should be less than a 40" bar. If I did indeed misunderstand the post, please have your friend check his wiring and make sure it's as well done as yours. A bad connection can make a big difference.

· Registered
7,300 Posts
I PMed this idea to Doc a while ago and never got a response.

I won the Light Pods from Trail worthy and they are absolutely bad ass. Companies like Black Box have me both intrigued and worried because of their price point.

It would be very beneficial to have an LED shoot out.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For example, one 50" bar uses 5 watt LEDs and another uses 3 watt ones. They are similar in price, which is better? Does the 5w one put out more light or is there a quality difference?

· Registered
2,704 Posts
Have you contacted them yet?

-Rigid Industries
-Black Box Logistics
-Trail Worthy Fab
-Lifetime LED

Any other contenders?
Baja Designs or VisionX?

Everyone uses Rigid as the benchmark, either of those two are as good or better.

· Registered
148 Posts
Damn this thread has been up all day and no mention of Quantum. Tisk Tisk.

Trouble is going to be finding lights from all the brands that Have similar Specs.

I think it would have to be something in the 20" flavor.

As I have said before I am down to throw a Light in the mix but good luck getting other companies to participate.

Baja Designs not likely to play and would probably win in output.
Rigid also not likely to participate and would fair ok.

Other vendors here offering their own branded lights are likely to participate as long as everything is on an even keel.

· Registered
931 Posts
Sorry, but I'm calling BS on this, both on the light output and someone in my company being "pissed" about a comparison from the budget light bars I sell vs Andy's because I'm the only one here that has done testing or promotion. Additionally, I cannot think of one person that has called saying that they were considering the TWF light bar and asked me to compare them. Not saying TWF lights aren't quality because I've given Andy props very recently and recommend them as a vendor.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1437831&postcount=72
Not sure what you mean about an employee or any phone calls.

... you can call BS. Its all about perspective. Maybe Raphiel (owner/designer @ Hyper Audio in Katy, Tx) was wrong about where he was sending them for to buy the 50"s. Maybe the 50" wasnt aimed like mine, maybe my combo pattern made the "percieved" output seem greater. Maybe his shit used 4,000w ultraviolet black light responsive space monkeys unseen to the untrained eye. WTF do I know.

I just pulled in to pick something up and he had to JKs with the same 50" he tried to influence me to buy.

Maybe I will edit my post to omit the name... or just sit here and watch my wife flinch in a Pavlovian response to me cracking open another 24oz beer.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.