JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my last trip out to the pines I drowned my second horn. When I replaced the stock horn the first time water came pouring out of it, I think I have the same condition this time. My question for you is what replacement horn are you using and where are you mounting it to avoid waterlogging it. I know there are a bunch of cheesey "airhorn" kits from wolo but I am not looking for an airhorn. I barely use my horn, just need something to make noise for inspection that I wont have to replace every year at inspection time.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've drowned mine in the pines. Then just drained it and used a shop vac to get out most of the gunk that was in there. In a couple of days it dried out and worked again.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Been 2 years since I dunked mine and it still sounds like a sick elephant.. "NORT" :laughing::laughing2:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've drowned mine in the pines. Then just drained it and used a shop vac to get out most of the gunk that was in there. In a couple of days it dried out and worked again.
Maybe I will give this a try and if it works it might be worth drilling a few drainage holes kinda like the mirrors

·
Registered
230 Posts
Filled our Horn with go ole Iron Range muddy water at the Gilbert OHV Park a few times. Each time it took a few weeks for the Horn to go from a dying Baby Goat, back to a sick Billy Goat (I believe would be the OEM from the Factory). I have been told right after to get it wet to blast your horn for a few minutes and that may dry/blow out enough gunk for it to work again! Haven't tested that theory yet, it may work. Frankly, I would like to get onboard air someday and go with a Train Air Horn (Amtrak has a nice sounding Horn). And use it on those just, oh special fools on the road. :thefinger:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Filled our Horn with go ole Iron Range muddy water at the Gilbert OHV Park a few times. Each time it took a few weeks for the Horn to go from a dying Baby Goat, back to a sick Billy Goat (I believe would be the OEM from the Factory). I have been told right after to get it wet to blast your horn for a few minutes and that may dry/blow out enough gunk for it to work again! Haven't tested that theory yet, it may work. Frankly, I would like to get onboard air someday and go with a Train Air Horn (Amtrak has a nice sounding Horn). And use it on those just, oh special fools on the road. :thefinger:
Didn't work for me:shaking:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Maybe I will give this a try and if it works it might be worth drilling a few drainage holes kinda like the mirrors
I drilled a hole in mine.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Autozone. "Disc" horn (circlular style horn). Stock location. No problems since. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts