JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to install a mechanical temp gauge. I see one spot right by the thermostat but something is already plugged in there and i am assuming that it is important. Is there any where else i can hook the sensor into. pics would be great any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess no one can help me out here. I just got hood louvers and was hoping to have the mechanical gauge in to see how much of a diffence they make.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
According to the link of the similiar gauge it lists a "capillary" tube connection. I am used to the electrical type and not sure about a "capillary" tube.

The typical electrical type would be a two wire plugged into a variable resistance sensor on the block

·
Registered
23 Posts
No help? I consider the hose adapter in post two to be a quick and easy solution.
That hose adapter listed above is a pretty good idea. Some of the guys on my diesel forum use a similar concept to tap into intercooler lines to add pressure and temp gauges and water-meth sprayers. The only difference is that you'll need to get a sender and electric gauge. It'll cost a little more than that pep-boys special you posted but, if you plan on leaving it in would be well worth the investment. Maybe you can get one of those grill thermometers with the long stem on it to stick under the hood so its visible from the left seat to monitor under hood temps.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I use a ScanGauge II which gives water temp info, as well as a lot of other stuff. The Aeroforce Interceptor is also popular and most probably a better choice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am hoping this is a temporary thing just to see the difference in temperature after a few mods. I am hoping to get a Aeroforce down the road when money is a little better. So who knows how long temporary may be. I already have the gauge so I am hoping to put it to some use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts