JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How resistant are the doors/switches and shifter? I have an emergency top but its a cheap overlay just in case.

I am thinking of removing all the carpet and just installing rhino liner and some neoprene seat covers so It will not matter if the top is on or not.
Maybe just make a slip on/velcro dash cover so the GPS and instrument cluster stay dry.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was wondering about that myself. Last week alone I was caught a couple of times in sudden downpours.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I recently cleanded the interior of my jeep with the pressure spray at a car wash, lol. Damn I am lazy and damn this colorado dust gets into every nook!

Anyway, everything still works. well, at least as good as it did from the factory

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I recently cleanded the interior of my jeep with the pressure spray at a car wash, lol. Damn I am lazy and damn this colorado dust gets into every nook!

Anyway, everything still works. well, at least as good as it did from the factory

Yeah...and I was born on the mid-watch...no way you did that and everything worked afterwards...or it never did when you got it:thefinger:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
well, I am not gonna try to convince you. It would be a stupid thing to lie about. True, I didn't spray water straight in the CD player but, I have actually sprayed down the interior twice now with no issues. Probably flirting with disaster but I am not woried about it.... :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
well, I am not gonna try to convince you. It would be a stupid thing to lie about. True, I didn't spray water straight in the CD player but, I have actually sprayed down the interior twice now with no issues. Probably flirting with disaster but I am not woried about it.... :beer: :beer:
i do the same thing. carpets are out, and there is no other way to get mud off the seats sometimes. my interior has been blasted with a hose, powerwasher, etc. with no issues. i've also had the top off during massive storms that soaked the entire dash and instrument panel. again, no problems here. granted, i followed the same "rules" of not shooting straight into the radio at full blast...

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is all good stuff to know as I was ass deep in water crossing a river this weekend. Now I just have to get off my lazy butt and pull the carpet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts