JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else replace a water pump? I got an 08, not a daily driver as I have a company car. With 21,650 miles, the water pump is leaking. As soon as the warranty expired on May 31st, the driver seat lever went. Got Jeep to fix that less 50 bux. They tried to tell me I need an ext warrant. I'm not happy that all this stuff is going. I don't beat on it hard. Whatchayall think? Any else having this problem with the water pump?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Sorry but stuff fails. Sometimes it fails at 5 miles, sometimes at 50,000, at 150,000 miles...who knows. Should be easy enough to swap it out yourself, sooner you fix it, the sooner you won't be annoyed by it. Happens to everyone at one time or another..To answer, 20,000 mile water pump is not common in a JK.

Beating on it has nothing to do with it, being nice doesn't have anything to do with a water pump either. Just sounds like it didn't have the best tolerances out of the hundreds of thousands they've used..Swap that sucker out.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, i already got the part and the dealer knocked 30 bux off of it. Waiting for a buddy to gimme a hand. Just venting about it...

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I hear ya on venting, good luck with the install! I've put a $28,000 BMW X6 engine in a car that had 37 miles on it. Crap happens! lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still going to call Jeep to see if they help with the labor. Cant hurt to ask.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Yeah, I didn't have a single problem until I hit 60k miles....got lucky, but since then, it's been a pain in the ass. Good luck with the install. Take a look at everything while you're in there.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost afraid too ;-)

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
a water pump isn't bad....I had the entire engine and catalytic converter replaced at 22,000 miles on my JK! :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update, called Jeep and They fixed it "goodwill " and i paid 100 bux deductible on a $350 bill. Got a refund on the water pump I bought too!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Update, called Jeep and They fixed it "goodwill " and i paid 100 bux deductible on a $350 bill. Got a refund on the water pump I bought too!
Nice! Good to hear that Jeep helped you out with the repair, and the refund. :beer:

AMP

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Anyone else replace a water pump? I got an 08, not a daily driver as I have a company car. With 21,650 miles, the water pump is leaking. As soon as the warranty expired on May 31st, the driver seat lever went. Got Jeep to fix that less 50 bux. They tried to tell me I need an ext warrant. I'm not happy that all this stuff is going. I don't beat on it hard. Whatchayall think? Any else having this problem with the water pump?
Had my water pump replaced under warranty just before clocking the 36K expiration. I found it seeping when I was giving it a thorough once over knowing that the warranty was about to be gone. This summer I had to replace a thermostat that failed.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
you got RIPPED, I had mine replaced at 55K or somewhere around there under powertrain lifetime warranty. I would call Chrysler 800 number and bitch you get your money back.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I worked at 3 different new car dealers from age 16-20. Anyone one that has dealer experience will tell you the stories of brand new cars with terrible problems. Dead computers right off the lot, one piston missing 2 rings??, bad cold start sensor after first start, Suburban dropped off car hauler unloading ramp and got a new frame instead of total, swap parts of one car on the lot to diagnosis anthers problem. I'm still in the automotive business today and I can honestly say all brands have problems no matter what. I dont think any of these cars or trucks are any better than the next any more. Or as we say at the store, there all junk anymore.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
you got RIPPED, I had mine replaced at 55K or somewhere around there under powertrain lifetime warranty. I would call Chrysler 800 number and bitch you get your money back.
If he isn't the original owner, the lifetime warranty doesn't exist to him..non-transferable.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Mine went at about 50,000
As water pumps go, it was a cinch to do. Hardest part was finding a replacement part.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts