JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 13 JK. I have only 350miles on it. After a pretty hard rain I noticed the rug on the passenger side was wet!! Would anyone have any ideas where this coming in from?? Also it seems that the carpeting could be a real pain to remove to get to the drain plugs compared to my 05 TJ which I traded in!:gluging:

· Registered
323 Posts
I have a 2007 that was leaking over the inside door release like so many JK owners complain about. Well After reading thru endless posts on the internet I decided to come up with a fix myself. I bought the jeep used and The dealer wanted to charge me about $589.00 to fix the leak issue. My idea was to adjust the doors inward about 1/16th of an inch then do the dollar bill test on the seals to see if I had good even tension for the length of the seal. After verifying the seal had even tension I moved on to leak test with a good solid stream of water at my parents house and low and behold about 2 minutes at each door fixed the leak with out adding any parts to it.

· Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2007 that was leaking over the inside door release like so many JK owners complain about. Well After reading thru endless posts on the internet I decided to come up with a fix myself. I bought the jeep used and The dealer wanted to charge me about $589.00 to fix the leak issue. My idea was to adjust the doors inward about 1/16th of an inch then do the dollar bill test on the seals to see if I had good even tension for the length of the seal. After verifying the seal had even tension I moved on to leak test with a good solid stream of water at my parents house and low and behold about 2 minutes at each door fixed the leak with out adding any parts to it.
Did you just loosen the hinges to move the doors inward, or how did you do it. I end up with a gallon of water in mine after a heavy rain.

· Registered
21 Posts
My 13 JKS is doing the same thing during a heavy rain. Mine is leaking at the top front corner ofthe door. The weather stripping is not sealing correcly due to poor/improper install. With only 5K miles on it this is very annoying.

My dealerships says they can fix it but the specialized repairman comes to the dealership once a month. They are going to make me an appointment for this to be taken care of.

Meanwhile I keep one of those super absorbant shammies in the Jeep that I lay on the floor when it gets wet. It pulls the water out in no time.

Will follow up with a report after the fix takes place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.