JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IDK how this happened may have been from tropical storm that caused some flooding. I kept hearing water sloshing around when I made turns or pulled out from a stop. After some investigating I found that the front panel over the passenger seat was literaly filled with water. I always have the longbolt knobs that go through the soundbar cranked down, but still managed to get water in there. Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix so it won't happen again?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Drill a small hole in the inside drain it and use some bathroom calk to fill the hole. Wont be good to let it freeze. Might be able to see where the water got in if you leave it upside down for a spell.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Yep had the same issue on the Pass side. one of the corners didn't bond closed when it was manufactured. I drained it through said hole,dried it out in the nice Texas sun, and then RTV'd the hole. No more issues.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't need to drill a hole there's an opening in the end that sits over the sound bar I just had to prop it up let it drain then shake out the remainder of the water. I'm guessing it's some kind of breather hole or something. I'm going to seal all the outside edges just to be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.