JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This moring when I parked at work I noticed a water leak under my Jeep. It appears to be coming from a Elbow that is pointing down. It is just to the drivers side and behind the engine. You can see it from the top or bottem with a flashlite.

Anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine drips water in that location when the a/c is running. This is just condensation from the a/c
Every once in awhile I'll notice it and think :pissed: What's leaking, then it will dawn on me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine drips water in that location when the a/c is running. This is just condensation from the a/c
Every once in awhile I'll notice it and think :pissed: What's leaking, then it will dawn on me.

Thats what i was thinking too but I wasn't running the AC, I did have the Defroster on and the temp setting was about in the middle.
Is it possable that water has built up over time and it just puked all at once?

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
As with most vehicles, water is not used anywhere in the JK. Coolant is very distinctive and wouldn't be mistaken for water, so I'd guess it is condensation from the a/c.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yup it's condensate from the evap coil. The a/c runs while in defrost mode to provide dryer air by removeing moisture at the coil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts