JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at my wit's end with a reoccurring water leak on my 16' jku. I have tried all the fixed found on the forums and YouTube . Not seem to have worked. Last night we had hard rain and I came out to a water filled driver's foot well. When testing with the water hose ,I believe it is coming in where the windshield frame and tub meet. I just can't seem to get it stopped.
I attached a picture of the same spot (not my Jeep) with the same fix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had a door leak as well and just took it to the dealer and let them fix it (about the only thing I would trust them to fix, lol). It is a 2015 and was still under warranty, if I were you I would go that route.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wonder if that's where I'm getting water in on my 2012. I just pulled the carpet the other day and found I nice size rust spot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,174 Posts
I wonder if that's where I'm getting water in on my 2012. I just pulled the carpet the other day and found I nice size rust spot.

That's no bueno!
You check rain channels and top latches , etc ? I've had a floorpan plug loosen and water backsplash up thru the drainhole once...just fwiw...

:jeep2:

·
Registered
549 Posts
The install is not bad, had to put one on my 2010 as it was a water fall while attempting to drive while it was raining. Swapped it out in a little over 2 hours and that time included swapping the header bar out on the soft top at the same time.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I am at my wit's end with a reoccurring water leak on my 16' jku. I have tried all the fixed found on the forums and YouTube . Not seem to have worked. Last night we had hard rain and I came out to a water filled driver's foot well. When testing with the water hose ,I believe it is coming in where the windshield frame and tub meet. I just can't seem to get it stopped.
I attached a picture of the same spot (not my Jeep) with the same fix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I did something similar to what is shown in the pic you posted, however I positioned the weather strip/foam strip/foam rubber sponge tape (whatever you want to call it) more to the outside than inside where the windshield meets the body. More or less ran it along the edge of the bracket that bolts over the windshield and body. After doing that it "seemed" to reduce or eliminate the water I was getting inside the vehicle when it would rain.

This is the product I used and it seems to work pretty well. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002B08O2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me guess, that rust spot was about where the plastic clips used to hold the floor mats in place would be rubbing the floor pan?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts