JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my 2010 Sport two days ago, I noticed there was some water in the floor board...looked like the dealer cleaned the carpet. I dried it up and used a shop vac to get the rest of the water up. I left the floor mat out and drove around...it stayed dry. I picked up my girlfriend, and she put the mat back in. We drove about 30 minutes, and the damn thing was wet again. I'm thinking it's condensation build up.

Any suggestions? I am taking it to the dealer on Tuesday morning....kind of curious to see what they say.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
When I purchased my 2010 Sport two days ago, I noticed there was some water in the floor board...looked like the dealer cleaned the carpet. I dried it up and used a shop vac to get the rest of the water up. I left the floor mat out and drove around...it stayed dry. I picked up my girlfriend, and she put the mat back in. We drove about 30 minutes, and the damn thing was wet again. I'm thinking it's condensation build up.

Any suggestions? I am taking it to the dealer on Tuesday morning....kind of curious to see what they say.
Heater core or maybe the AC overboard drain is kinked or plugged. Check your coolant level.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a felt padding under the carpets, no way you got it dry with a shop vac. Pull them it's not a Caddy.
I pulled the carpet and used the vac underneath it too...not just the top. There was quite a bit of water, and the carpet was dry to the touch....when I got home....not so much.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
If its the heater core leaking you should see your coolent level getting lower. And I'd think that it would have that 'sweet' coolent smell.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
^^^ Ha ha ha ^^^

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
There's a felt padding under the carpets, no way you got it dry with a shop vac. Pull them it's not a Caddy.
x2^^ Really tho its only going to get worse.. better to pull them now while the still look good

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

mine does the exact same thing except on the drivers side. ima pull the carpet asap and line it. i cant tell if i have a leak or what the deal is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is a common problem, my 2010 does this. I think there is a service bulletin to replace the door weatherstrip. Some say this fixes it some say it doesn't, and its a seam in the floor that needs to be sealed. Most people do not know they have this issue.

Hopefully yours is not the heater core.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
you got this in the Woman owner manual didn't you? Trust me when I say if it smells bad you certainly don't want to lick it, not until you wash it anyways.

Easiest way to tell if its coolant. The amount of coolant on your finger tip isn't going to poisen you...I do it on a daily basis to differentiate between coolant and trans leaks at work...it doesn't taste good but will give you a definite answer what it is...just sayin...owners manuals are overrated

Sent from Skynet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.