JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I am at the PA Jeep Show. And I HAD to (read as: HAD HAD HAD!!!!) to swing by the Ripp Motorsports booth.....WOW....I was VERY impressed with Perry and Ross...holy crap these two guys are GOOD...

Perry appears to be the master electronics genius...not to mention an awesome guy. WOW....stopped what he was doing, then explained what wires he was working with...amazing....

Ross....holy crap.....the dude is just plain awesome. After seeing the blower installation and actually seeing where the Air intake is etc...this is definitely an awesome kit.....I got LOTS of pics....and I will be posting them up shortly.

I told Ross and Perry when I get them posted they can grab them for themselves if they want....damn...you guys should have heard that thing....it was a thing of beauty.....I literally had to walk stiff legged for a while..lol...

Well i was talking to Ross about suspensions and handling etc...and I coincidentally had my Poly Performance Synergy II Lifted JK close by...so I walked Ross over to my Jeep and crawled under it showing him the level of kit, construction...build quality. I think he was rather impressed...especially when I showed him the Highsteer and how much better the Jeep responds to steering input etc.. I told him I had done my research and how it handles etc...turns out that Ross to likes a good handling vehicle...I smiled and said..that Jeep of mine with that kit I would give to anyone to drive its THAT stable, safe, and fun.....I can only imagine what 5.13's and a blower will do...:bounce: I wouldn't be surprised if Ross talked to Poly Performance for a kit for his Jk.

I wish you all could have single handily talked to each of them....They are a wealth of information...heck I took my wife over to meet them and said...Perry...this is my wife....work you magic....you know what my wife says? Well let's get one after christmas!!! HOLY CRAP!!

Seriously though, you should have seen John (I think that was his name) he was the master installer...and methodical beyond belief...had it all down to a system...I just was mesmorized by him....(not that he wasn't good looking mind you but thats not what I meant...no offense John). He would stop what he was doing show me what did and what he was going to do then showed me the end result....WOW!! He did the complete install in 6 hours!!!! And I was there for 3-4 of them...

Also check this out...if you run headers...COAT THEM!!! uncoated headers melted the old battery tray....YUP!! got pics of that tooo.....coated headers? No problem.

Anyway...when I post up the pics hopefully they will answer some questions...I know for me seeing it first hand? yeah this is THE kit I am going to go with. I won't go into much detail about the electronics aspect of it out of courtesy and respect to RIPP Motorsports....but they are good. I truly believe they have it figured out. And hearing that thing come to life and watch Perry test the throttle? yeah I can only imagine what a good exhaust would have sounded like...WOW.

Anyway...(oh I said that already)...when i post the pics feel free to ask about the pic etc and I will do my best to explain what I saw from a non employee/ future customer aspect of it.

Ok thats it from me.....Hopefully this post made sense....

And Dave/Garrett...if you Poly Performance guys decide to display next year...let me know...I will proudly let you use my Jeep if you want a display vehicle of your suspension components...And being somewhat of a show car guy (my other hobby) I promise the jeep will look good.

Doug

questions...let me know...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here are some pics...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunbee/sets/72157606265171377/

Its called PA Jeep Show 2008.

Let me know if you have a question about a picture...And you will see pics on the SPod...(I think thats the name) that thing was COOL....wired and switched with relays....all in one box...you can run your offroad lights, winch etc off this thing...its really cool....

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
i was at the show yesterday but didnt know they were doin a install, i would have liked to see that, ive talked to the guys at another show and they are nice guys and will expalin anything to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts