JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

I have removed all 4 doors and my top.

Obviously they are designed to be taken off.

Is there any RCW or WAC that says otherwise?

I have take off motorcycle mirrors in the hinges on both sides so I should be OK as far as rear view mirrors.

Your thoughts?

It sure is fun.

·
Registered
199 Posts
To my knowledge the only law to be concerned about is in regards to your mirrors, which you stated you have. I have a buddy who is a snohomish country sheriff who informed me the law is that you need two mirrors (the rearview does count as one.) I have been riding doorless and topless most all of last summer and so far about a week now with no issues.

Most officers that i have encountered dont even know the law about mirrors.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Rearview and driver side is required.
^^^^^^
this is gospel! However if any cop is like me, they're just checking out the Jeep and wishing they were in theirs! I mean really, you're gonna stop for a side view mirror on a Jeep, please!

Sent from.......the STUNNING state of NJ on my 10g phone (only avail in NJ)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've never been bothered with no mirrors. I've only lived in wa about a year, so I was fine last summer and good so far this summer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Zip zero zilch. The RCWs nor the WAC state anything about the vehicle must have doors. What it does state is IF(key word here) vehicle is equipped with doors, they must be equipped with a locking mechanism. Obviously it is a safety issue if doors on a vehicle cannot stay shit.

Many vehicles are manufactured without doors or sliding doors or even completely bodiless as in the case of farm equipment/construction vehicles which can still legally travel down a highway as long as it is sporting a big triangle on the ass end.

As with anything, cops are clueless about half the laws they enforce.

FYI, my rig rarely has its doors or top on during the months it does not rain here. Never been pulled over for it in 4 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts