·
Registered
57 Posts
Thinking about it next summer.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it would take a weeks vaction to run the whole thing in one shot. July would be a good time. It's on our list for next year as well. Would be fun to go with a small group.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Definitely looks like an easy week long trip, but some could maybe run a portion of the route and head out when they have to. I would be most interested in the Oregon start then North portion.

Need to save some vacation for a Rubicon trip plan.

Can it be done short of the full trip?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks for this. I had no idea the route existed. Now I'm thinking of planning a trip from BC to California following these two trails... Incorporate the Rubicon, and some Moab/Utah wheelin'... could be an awesome trip!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Thanks for this. I had no idea the route existed. Now I'm thinking of planning a trip from BC to California following these two trails... Incorporate the Rubicon, and some Moab/Utah wheelin'... could be an awesome trip!
That sounds like one hell of a good trip.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Oh man, if you take this trip you have to do a detailed trip report and post some pics. That will be one hell of a time!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Definitely wouldn't be 2011 since I'll be overseas for a lot of it, but I'm thinking for 2012 this might be a good way to spend a month. Anyone know of a similar route in California?

Sorry for the hijack OP, hope you get an answer to your question. Perhaps we'll inspire you to go a little further!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I live on this route. In fact it runs right past my house, and another part of it runs right through my inlaws vacation lot. Right now you won't get over the tops of the hills. There is still 4 feet of snow and fallen trees everywhere. As of a week ago, I made the furthest up tracks in my JK, but had to move 3 trees to do it.
As far as taking 3 weeks, not really. I could do it in 3 or 4 days if I started early and drove hard all day. Give yourself a week and enjoy the lakes a bit.

Need info or advice on it? PM me.

D.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow that looks like an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing definetly want to run that!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Has anyone ran this yet? Im planning a trip sometime early summer 2012.. Just wanted to get some imput on the time it takes, and whatnot. Thx

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm down to make this in the summer. Anyone makes it before I do please deal out the info. Hoping to take a week and camp all the way.
Im waiting too.
Ive already got a trip planned and cant wait. Were going to run it with minimum supplies and turn it into a mock "bugout"

·
Registered
7 Posts
looks awesome, what kind of set up would you need to complete this run yall think? Def interested and shouldnt be deploying this summer. pm me if anybody is planning a trip:bounce:

·
Registered
256 Posts
anyone interestead in doing a weekend trip? looking at just the ellinsberg to cashmere section. would be a loop, everett to ellinsberg on 90, then the offroad part with an overnight on the trail, then cashmere to evertt on 2. should be an easy trip to make in 2 days

1 - 20 of 21 Posts