JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I just registered on here but ive been following this site since the JK's got out. Im getting ready to buy a Warrior 2.5" lift kit. Now, i dont do to much off roading (lame isnt) due to time issues and location. But i still want to lift my JK and put some bigger tires on it, maybe 31" or 33". My quiestion is if i will need the kit with the shocks when i dont do any extreme off roading or i just will be fine w/o them? And if somebody has it installed, would like to know if there was any other parts required to complete this mod w/o ruining my stock system. I would appreciate any comments on this. Thanks for your help.

2008 Sahara 4x4 4dr
18" rims , tow package, auto trany, 4.10 axle ratio.:bounce:

·
Registered
169 Posts
You are going to want to add shocks (or extensions to your existing shocks) to compensate for the added 2.5" lift.

you probably already have 31's on your Sahara, might even be 32's. My Rubi has the 32's.

Food for thought as I have not seen the Warrior kit. But a spacer lift with the shock extensions pretty much keeps the stock suspension intact or you can even just put a body lift on it as that will allow you to run the 33's you want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can run 33s with out a lift.

255/85/16 (33.2x10) - No lift and no rub.

Same tires, with teraflex 2.5 spacer lift.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys. I guess i do some research first before wondering around for easy answers. I will get the 33"s and see how it works. I'll post some pictures after the installation. :smokin:

P.S . Hey Jerry i cant see the pics. In either of the sites. Did you had any rubbing at all w the 33"s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure why you can't see the pics?? Just a little rubbing on the front sway-bar. But i can't feel it. I just see a little rub mark on the sway-bar itself. I think it happen when the tires were new. know they have worn down enough that they don't rub.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm not sure why you can't see the pics?? Just a little rubbing on the front sway-bar. But i can't feel it. I just see a little rub mark on the sway-bar itself. I think it happen when the tires were new. know they have worn down enough that they don't rub.
The Warrior spacer kit is actually 2.5" front and 2" rear...helps level it out some.

I'd suggest using a longer shock. The kit is offered without for those few people that want to use a different brand. The Warrior shock is a real basic shock upgrade like you'd find on most suspension kits.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The Warrior spacer kit is actually 2.5" front and 2" rear...helps level it out some.

I'd suggest using a longer shock. The kit is offered without for those few people that want to use a different brand. The Warrior shock is a real basic shock upgrade like you'd find on most suspension kits.
Well I am sold. I didn’t know about your site or that the front spacers were ½” taller. This is what I have been looking for so I just ordered the kit with the shocks today. I will let you know how the install goes.:beer::smokin:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey dougnpj let me know how it goes. Im installing 33's on it whitout the lift but i really want that lift kit.:smokin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts