JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my jeep is at the dealer right now getting the clutch fixed because its leaking brake fluid out the slave cylinder my question is should i push for them to change the clutch because it has had brake fluid on it fo rthe last week? when i dropped off the jeep i asked about it being changed and the service lady said they wouldnt cover it becasue its a wearable part, but its not like its worn and i want it changed for free i want it changed because its been sitting in a nasty,corrsive fuild for a week.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If the clutch disc was damaged, they should replace it. It has not worn out, it was damaged by the failure of a defective part and should be covered.
Again, this assumes the disc is damaged.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think its damagede because i drove the jeep there but im worried about long term effects of the brake fluid on the clutch disc

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I would think that if fluid hit the disc, you would have noticed it when shifting gears, but especially when starting in first. I would think it would be "grabby", but I am only speculating here. Anyone out there with some specific knowledge on this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts