JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a letter today from Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat stating they have extended my warranty to 7 years, 70k miles on the transmission line fittings. They said that the fittings may leak and if they do, they will cover the repair.

Seems to be another "we know we have an issue but don't wanna fix it" thing. Anyone else get this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a letter today from Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat stating they have extended my warranty to 7 years, 70k miles on the transmission line fittings. They said that the fittings may leak and if they do, they will cover the repair.

Seems to be another "we know we have an issue but don't wanna fix it" thing. Anyone else get this?
This is actually a big issue. If you go to Jeep's facebook page, there is a guy who was on his way home from the dealership doing the repair, and it burned to the ground!!! The worst part is, the dealership and Jeep/Chrysler don't want to do anything about it!!!

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Actually not the fittings but the crimp from metal tube to rubber hoses. Just got mine in the mail last week at 94,000 miles:D it's a little late for me. Plus the upper one has already been cut to add the auxiliary cooler. But good news for a lot of people that have been having this issue.

Here's a link to the tsb
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53958

1 - 6 of 6 Posts