JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question guys, I got a 2016 JK Rubicon with 30k. Today I got a code Bank 1 & Bank 2 o2 sensors. That’s covered under my MaxCare warranty w/$100 deductible. I was also told my slave cylinder is bad, o ring possibly rubber boot is letting air into the hydraulics? Anyhow, they said the slave cylinder is also covered. A mechanic told me that they should replace the clutch, TO bearing and pressure plate bc most likely they are next to go bc of the slave cylinder goin bad. Is this true? Reason I’m asking, I mentioned this to the dealer and they said it wouldn’t cause any issues with the clutch, pressure plate or TO bearing and those items aren’t covered. I’m well aware that those are wear items and aren’t covered but if there is a premature failure of those items due to the covered slave cylinder failure, shouldn’t they be covered??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
Quick question guys, I got a 2016 JK Rubicon with 30k. Today I got a code Bank 1 & Bank 2 o2 sensors. That’s covered under my MaxCare warranty w/$100 deductible. I was also told my slave cylinder is bad, o ring possibly rubber boot is letting air into the hydraulics? Anyhow, they said the slave cylinder is also covered. A mechanic told me that they should replace the clutch, TO bearing and pressure plate bc most likely they are next to go bc of the slave cylinder goin bad. Is this true? Reason I’m asking, I mentioned this to the dealer and they said it wouldn’t cause any issues with the clutch, pressure plate or TO bearing and those items aren’t covered. I’m well aware that those are wear items and aren’t covered but if there is a premature failure of those items due to the covered slave cylinder failure, shouldn’t they be covered??

Unless your slave cylinder was hosing things down, all the other parts should have zero degradation from the leaky slave cylinder. Depending on how it's been driven and how you drive, the clutch parts should be good for another 50k+ miles. If the previous owner rode the TO bearing or used the clutch excessively, they could be wasted already :dunno:. However, that wouldn't be a warranty issue unless your warranty has a "previously owned by meathead" clause :laughing:

TL/DR: No.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx ExWrench! The clutch seems fine I could feel that the clutch pedal was a lil’mushy tho. I’m crossing my fingers it’s just the slave cylinder and some air in the system and everything else will be ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts