JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for any info on what parts are needed and how to install a Warn Zeon 10-S winch into the front bumper of a 2016 Hard Rock. Thanks!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Unless your Hard Rock came with a winch plate you're going to need to buy one. Or, you can buy an aftermarket bumper for it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Your Hard Rock bumper can house the winch. You can go with the Mopar winch plate or check out the options on Maximus-3 and Rubitrux websites

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went with the Maximus-3 kit. I have the same Zeon-10 winch, but with synthetic line, there are two additional holes to drill. Their license plate cover is a great option. It covers the fairlead and looks almost stock. Two thumb screws, and your plate is off, and the fairlead is exposed.
Kronos

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went with the Maximus-3 kit. I have the same Zeon-10 winch, but with synthetic line, there are two additional holes to drill. Their license plate cover is a great option. It covers the fairlead and looks almost stock. Two thumb screws, and your plate is off, and the fairlead is exposed.
Kronos
Are the additional holes due to using it with the Hard Rock bumper, or something specific to the Zeon? The 10s is on my winch short list, but I've not read anything about required drilling.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Are the additional holes due to using it with the Hard Rock bumper, or something specific to the Zeon? The 10s is on my winch short list, but I've not read anything about required drilling.
Must be something particular to that bumper. The Zeon 10S uses a standard mounting pattern.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Thanks again Steve!

Kronos
Did you buy the Zeon specific setup from Maximus 3 Kronos?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Must be something particular to that bumper. The Zeon 10S uses a standard mounting pattern.
That's my assumption, too, but you know what they say about assuming. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts