JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Warn xd9000i has been on the front of many of my Jeeps over the years. I have taken it apart and regreased it in the past, and I figured it was due for another dissassembly and rebuild again now that I had the Jeep Wrangler JK. The winch was pretty filthy and the synthetic winch line had definately seen better days. So I looked around to see where I could get rebuild parts for it on line. I came across www.warnserviceparts.com. Now I'm not providing a clickable link to them for the simple fact their customer service was worse then terrible. I order a few gaskets and seals from them. They shipped me the wrong box, then never shipped me the correct parts, I had to call them, and got the "Owner" who promptly didn't remember ever talking to me about things, then when I repeated her conversation she said she would check into it. She called me back and said she was sorry and didn't have any employees to blame this mistake on. The owner blaming an employee for a mistake and telling a customer that. In all it took me almost 3 months to get $12 worth of parts, not a place I will or would recommend doing business with. Since then Mike at www.4x4rockshop.com has become a certified Warn dealer and can get repair parts to you.

The Start

What my drum looked like, pretty nasty, it's seen a little water.

Here's the complete write up. Way to many pictures and instructions to post here.
Warn xd9000i Winch Rebuild

Ron

·
Registered
411 Posts
nice write-up!

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Ron AWESOME write up, I have the xd9000i also, its only about 18months old and I cant get it to disengage. I will definitely take it apart now and check it myself instead of having to send it off :bounce:

:beer:

·
Registered
71 Posts
WOW great information I have the same one and the last time I used it it started smoking a bit. :) I can now take it apart to check things out.
Thanks for taking the time to do such a write up!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm glad I could be of help to you guys. Let me know if you come across something that I missed or is different with yours. I'll add it to the write up.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
How often should you do regular maintenance on a winch.. I use mine at least once a month as a air compressor and I always to an inspection of the cable before all runs and do a full ops check.. The winch I have is the powerplant HP.. So far it has been a great winch and haven't had any issues.. *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I usually do my majority of maintenance after runs. Things like cleaning the winch off, running out the cable and cleaning it off, checking it and then respooling it correctly. Most of my pre run stuff is just making sure it will power in and out and free spool, since I checked everything after the last run.

Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts