JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a stock JK Sirius radio/cd player. I have the base, bone stock radio/cd/mp3 player in the jeep and want to upgrade. The other question is where to get the antenna for it, and where to place the antenna.
So if anyone has upgraded there system and has either sitting around let me know.
Thanks
:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Im looking for a stock JK Sirius radio/cd player. I have the base, bone stock radio/cd/mp3 player in the jeep and want to upgrade. The other question is where to get the antenna for it, and where to place the antenna.
So if anyone has upgraded there system and has either sitting around let me know.
Thanks
:beer:
Take the top ledge off the dash where the daystar panel would go and the sat ant. is right there. You have to take off that piece anyway to install a new radio. You can also put the ant. on top of the sound bar if you have a soft top.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a stock radio I'l sell ya! I don't have the stock antenna though, still using it for my new sat radio...

BTW, that antenna under where the daystar panel would go is for the compass, not sat radio unless something changed after the '07's...

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a stock radio I'l sell ya! I don't have the stock antenna though, still using it for my new sat radio...

BTW, that antenna under where the daystar panel would go is for the compass, not sat radio unless something changed after the '07's...
X2 on antenna, in fact if you set a cell phone directly on top of it your compass just might flip backwards! Remove the phone and it goes back to normal.... this confused the crap out of me once out in the woods :D

And as a matter of fact I do have stock radio/cd/sirius and I'm planning to replace it with aftermarket stuff sometime next year. Don't know how much of a hurry you're in. Maybe I'll start looking at radios with x-mas in mind, an offer on this one could push me in that direction :wink_animate: The sirius subscription is expired though, so you'd have to fire up a new one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ditto on my Sirius subscription, it's expired too.. In fact I used the stock radio for only a few days before I swapped it out... RobertJK, make me an offer... I don't really know what the stock radio worth (p.s., I never got your PM!), I'll have to check around & see what other guys are getting for it, I can't imagine it's worth much...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boomer dont know what happened with the PM, computers dont like me:laughing:
I will look around a bit tonight for prices, have no idea what they go for either. When I get a few price points I will make you a fair offer, plus the ride. I will let you know something tomorrow afternoon. (Saturday)
Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my research made me more confused then ever. I have found the Sirius radios from $70.00 at craigs list to the dealer price of $450.00 minus the antenna cost. One other thing I have to do is call the stealership and see if I have to reflash for the radio swap, buddy of mine thought he read that somewhere. Any one know for shure about the reflash?
Sorry this is taking so long I dont want to cheat you, but I dont want to turn this into a thousand dollar radio swap either.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread but, I got a year of sat service when I bought it and 6 months later it don't work,,,,any one know what number to call to get it turned back on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts