JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i think I have finally chased the horrendous noise in my front end to my front driveshaft. (after replacing the wheel bearings and ujoints mind you :mad:)

So does anyone have a stock front driveshaft sitting around they wouldn't mind parting with?
Doesn't have to be pretty as long as its good.

Thanks Amigos

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Mine made a terrible noise when my upper joint went out. Took a little investigation to finally figure it out.

My Jeep got something like 65k outta the stocker before it went, but I don't think the disconnect button really ever got used before 50k when I bought it.

Good luck finding a take off, they pop up fairly frequently.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine made a terrible noise when my upper joint went out. Took a little investigation to finally figure it out.

My Jeep got something like 65k outta the stocker before it went, but I don't think the disconnect button really ever got used before 50k when I bought it.

Good luck finding a take off, they pop up fairly frequently.
Yeah the joint where it connects to the transfer case is absolute toast, so i certainly hope thats the cause of my noise (a horrific pop pop pop pop whenever its in 4 wheel drive). Its quiet as a mouse without the driveshaft and HOLY shit is it fin to drive in 2LO, donuts like crazy! So much torque! It feels like driving my diesel, a little too much gas and your wheels are spinning. Its a cool feeling to do a burnout on 37's without much trouble at all.

Mine held on for 96K with a 4" lift so I'd say it performed admirably haha.
Anyone know if they are rubi specific? Or Unlimited specific for that matter?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in need of a driveshaft like yesterday!
Anyone got one laying around?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Somebody.........
Pretty please?

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
I have a front in good shape. From a 07 2 door 6 speed.
Not sure if it will fit though ??

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have a front with a torn boot off my 08 2dr auto. Worked fine but I upgraded to a Coast 1310.
The kicker, I will be in north AL at Hawk Pride this weekend if you want to meet me there to pick it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts